ENGINE LIGHT ON

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A misfire? I would assume its under warranty, bring it in to get it checked out as it could be a few different things. If it's modded, get it back to stock ;)

Ghstfce

Reaction score
I had the same issue but with 5K. Essentially your engine oil pressure is low. Meaning you need oil. The answer the ford techs gave me is that the truck is burning through oil quicker in the first 10K miles which is the break in period. All you need to do is add more oil and monitor it. So far I haven’t seen the issue again. Hope this info helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same issue but with 5K. Essentially your engine oil pressure is low. Meaning you need oil. The answer the ford techs gave me is that the truck is burning through oil quicker in the first 10K miles which is the break in period. All you need to do is add more oil and monitor it. So far I haven’t seen the issue again. Hope this info helps.

How are you determining that without knowing the DTCs? In regards to oil, low oil level is not equivalent to low oil pressure. It is correct that the engine will consume more oil during the first 10k miles as it breaks in, especially if it’s run hard.

Ghstfce

Reaction score
Because I took it to the dealership lol. Had ford look at it and that was the response I got from them. Low engine oil pressure cause my check engine light to light up and the code was the same thing a misfire.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How low was your oil level? Or perhaps a better question: How much oil did you have to add to get it to the proper level.

Ghstfce

Reaction score
Great question, if I call correctly I was short 2 quarts which is two bottles I believe.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going through this now - This is the second time my Raptor has gotten low on oil. The first time I was on a trip and the local dealer topped it up and said the factory probably forgot to put enough oil in it. After another low oil pressure warning I took it is and there is a TSB for the situation now. Apparently there is a new engine flash that addresses the issue, but I have to bring it in every 200 miles to see how much oil it has burnt up.

Does the oil consumption measured exceed 1L (1 quart) in 4,800 km (3,000 mi) or less?
(1). Yes - replace both valve covers. Refer to the WSM, Section 303-01
(2). No - vehicle is operating normally, no further repairs are necessary. Repair is complete.