GEN 2 Engine Issues Common?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to pickup a ‘18 Screw on Saturday and I’m getting a little nervous with the number of engine and transmission problems I’m seeing. Oil leaks, shuttering, etc. Is my view point skewed because I’m in the engine forum and people only post their problems? Anyone out there with a good number of miles without problems?

Just don’t want to get an expensive truck and spend all my time at the dealership. I was hoping most problems would be worked out for the 18’s.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been great so far. I would keep it stock and see how it performs for the first several thousand miles.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am at 17 thousand and some miles and my truck is still running perfectly awesome.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to pickup a ‘18 Screw on Saturday and I’m getting a little nervous with the number of engine and transmission problems I’m seeing. Oil leaks, shuttering, etc. Is my view point skewed because I’m in the engine forum and people only post their problems? Anyone out there with a good number of miles without problems?

Just don’t want to get an expensive truck and spend all my time at the dealership. I was hoping most problems would be worked out for the 18’s.

Thank you.

A survey of FRF users several months ago showed 80% had zero issues with their Gen2. The most common problem was an oil pan that leaks and is easily fixed. All the other problems seemed to be one-off or rare assembly mistakes. Other than the leaking oil pan and a couple of recall items, there really hasn't been a lot to fix between 2017 and 2018.

OP
OP
T

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A survey of FRF users several months ago showed 80% had zero issues with their Gen2. The most common problem was an oil pan that leaks and is easily fixed. All the other problems seemed to be one-off or rare assembly mistakes. Other than the leaking oil pan and a couple of recall items, there really hasn't been a lot to fix between 2017 and 2018.

Thank you. Very helpful. I will take those odds...

MGD

Banned
Reaction score

You forgot the different engine rattles that most are admitting to finding.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
14,500 miles, MPT tuned, no issues. Headed in soon for my third oil change and tire rotation. Cleaned and waxed it today, SHE LOOKS GOOD and RUNS BETTER!