engine Cut-off and low oil pressure warning!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It has only happened once to me when I was climbing a steep hill in Manual mode but halfway up the hill or so I was on some rough stuff and accidentally knocked my shifter from M to D and rolled back for a second and it cut off and said LOP. Put it in neutral and started right up. I figured it was a safety thing to keep from rolling back in gear.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had this happen 3 times. Once it was for fuel, the driveway at home is steep enough that depending on nose up or down it will make the gauge go from over 1/4 to walk.

Another at Little Sahara while doing doughnts and the other at an ice track when I lost it on a corner and was sliding backwards, but, on the throttle forward. Both times I was in manual mode. Both times happened right when I lifted.

Is there a clutch to lockup the convertor on these? Maybe it doesn't let go in Manual mode under some conditions and it stalls the truck like a stick would do. That's what I chalked it up to anyway.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I've had this happen 3 times. Once it was for fuel, the driveway at home is steep enough that depending on nose up or down it will make the gauge go from over 1/4 to walk.

Another at Little Sahara while doing doughnts and the other at an ice track when I lost it on a corner and was sliding backwards, but, on the throttle forward. Both times I was in manual mode. Both times happened right when I lifted.

Is there a clutch to lockup the convertor on these? Maybe it doesn't let go in Manual mode under some conditions and it stalls the truck like a stick would do. That's what I chalked it up to anyway.

Can't be that its happened to me twice both times in reverse

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

A.S.D

Reaction score
hi Guise.....

yesterday I had a wired experience with my 2012 F 150 ..... I started the engine , once I shafted from P to D the engine goes off and hade the code ( Low Oil Pressure) this happened two times.. then the car went okay .. after 30 minutes the engine went off in the middle of the road but I was reducing the speed, started the car again ... also I feel the engine about to shout down in reverse ..... and the gear is not shifting well ??

any one got the answer.... what to do .... shall I unplug the battery for 15 minutes ... please help me ;(

mike.s

Reaction score
I had this problem today for the first time. This afternoon around 4pm. 95 degrees outside. Got in the truck blasted the AC and cooled seats. After 5 mins of driving cooled seats turns off by itself. I turn it back on. 30 seconds later it turns off again. I slow down for a stop sign. Truck dies and "low oil pressure" message pops up. I turned the truck off and back on again and drive all the way home. WTF?? I did not try to turn on the cooled seats again.

Terrain_Eric

Reaction score
My truck did this yesterday when i stopped at my mailbox which is on a slight incline. I had the wheels slightly cut and when I put the truck in park it stalled and said low oil pressure.... mine is a 2014.

Sent from a Competition Orange Terminator

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
My truck did this yesterday when i stopped at my mailbox which is on a slight incline. I had the wheels slightly cut and when I put the truck in park it stalled and said low oil pressure.... mine is a 2014.

Sent from a Competition Orange Terminator

It seems like its happening on lower mileage trucks. When it happened to me I had 13000 miles. The next time I guess I was up in the 20000's. I was backing out of a parking spot at McDonalds and the truck shut off when I went full right lock while backing up. Started right up and drove it all the way home. I think it happened once more but I can't remember. I got used to it after the first 2 times.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

305Raptor

Reaction score
Had the same problem... 5 days at the dealer! No codes!
Fuse #27 was not blown... just melted to shreds.
Replaced fuse with same size mini instead of the tiny fuse which does not sit far enough and causes a false contact.
CHECK THE FUSE BY PULLING IT OUT