engine Cut-off and low oil pressure warning!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me twice. Both times I was just idling on level ground. Truck has never been low on oil. It started right up both times without any problems.

nkraptor

Reaction score
This has happened to me too. Was driving around 50mph came to a steep incline and truck completely died and low oil pressure light came on. Coasted truck back down the hill and tried starting and fired right up. Oil level was good, half tank of fuel. I have no idea why this happened!?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I was searching the internet for this problem...my cousin just bought a 2013 F150 and was turning left when the truck did what sounded like a mis-shift and stalled. Low oil pressure message came on but started right up after. Flat ground under 30 mph. Anyone have any issues after this or does it seem to be a computer glitch?

NICE

Reaction score
This just happened to me. 100 mi on my 2013 roush raptor. Very concerned. Had I been towing my boat or on a turn..... I was just driving down a straight, level road and slowing for a light. Sounds like a lemon.... and I waited so long.... I'll be selling soon (and loosing a lot of $)

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
This just happened to me. 100 mi on my 2013 roush raptor. Very concerned. Had I been towing my boat or on a turn..... I was just driving down a straight, level road and slowing for a light. Sounds like a lemon.... and I waited so long.... I'll be selling soon (and loosing a lot of $)

From what I've heard its unmetered air causing a shut off. Just email roush and get a new tune

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bmadigan3636

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to me a few times now, same thing. Its a 2011. I was in an angle going up my driveway as well, I was going slow. It always gave that same message too, Low oil pressure. After the third time i started going up fast, and hasnt happen again. Now, should i be worried about it stalling like that trying to use the hill decent going down in steep angle like my driveway incident?

Same thing happen to me as well! Engine cut off while reversing and turning the wheel to back up driveway. Started back up truck runs fine!

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a low fuel issue. It happened to me when I was really low on fuel and threw my truck into reverse real vast. Probably has to deal with how and where the fuel pump is setup in the fuel tank.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine did this while I was messing with it, had a vacuum line off for a little bit and the truck died, looked in and it said low oil pressure, started it right back up and ran fine, I'd recommend everyone who has this problem check their vacuum lines before they do anything drastic like selling your truck, dealer loves when people have little problems and just don't want to deal with the vehicle and sell it back to them and they spend 2 minutes fixing it and it's right back on the lot good as new