engine Cut-off and low oil pressure warning!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VIPLV

Reaction score
No oil leaks? Check oil, how many miles you drive since last oil change?

Lots of raptors burning excessive amounts of oil. Saying oil getting into the headers but no leaks.

Mitchell007

Reaction score
I would doubt the CAI has much to do with it. My truck has done it twice once without airaid and once with. Maybe we can get to the bottom of it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Most of these posts have been around a while. I hope that you guys have figured it out, any help is appreciated. My 2014 Raptor with 105,000 miles (I have had the truck since new). It has been doing the samething with more and more frequentcy over the last few tanks of gas. I am getting the low oil pressure and the wrench showing up when the truck stalls. It always starts right back up and runs fine. I had done it while sitting at idle and also when slowing down to a stop. Once it sarted to run rough before stalling but still started right back up.

One thing I have noticed that’s different with mine is from time to time at highway speeds 70-80 while cruising I get this kick. It feels like it does when the speed limiter kicks in but only for a split second then it’s fine. Ideas?

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of these posts have been around a while. I hope that you guys have figured it out, any help is appreciated. My 2014 Raptor with 105,000 miles (I have had the truck since new). It has been doing the samething with more and more frequentcy over the last few tanks of gas. I am getting the low oil pressure and the wrench showing up when the truck stalls. It always starts right back up and runs fine. I had done it while sitting at idle and also when slowing down to a stop. Once it sarted to run rough before stalling but still started right back up.

One thing I have noticed that’s different with mine is from time to time at highway speeds 70-80 while cruising I get this kick. It feels like it does when the speed limiter kicks in but only for a split second then it’s fine. Ideas?
Did you change out the fuse?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Flaltlander1414

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife was out of town with the truck, first problem without me!
She tries to start it and it just turns over and over. Finally asks a guy in the grocery store parking lot to jump her. She thinks it’s the battery. It starts back up. Takes the truck and had battery checked out a autozone and they say it’s good. She continues to drive to Lake Tahoe CA with 4 kids.
4days later This afternoon I get a call the truck died while on freeway coming home with LOP light. had her check the oil dip stick over FaceTime what an ordeal. It was half full. Almost got a divorce over trying to find the hood latch release.
I drove 90 miles with an Arsenal of tools and oil. No codes. I got there added oil. Truck fired up. While driving engine died while going uphill, truck engine stalled with semi truck merging to my right and 3 cars bumper to bumper to my left. Steering went, no acceleration. I braked with no hydraulic braking as hard as I could with 4 kids in the car. I legitimately thought we are all gonna die.
I race super bikes amateur and have never more afraid tonight Of an engine stall.
Did ford put a recall on fuse 27 or do I need to reposition it myself?

I’m gonna check the fuses in the morning. After reading this thread it seems to be the culprit.
I have 2011 Screw 108k never an issue. Great truck

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She tries to start it and it just turns over and over. Finally asks a guy in the grocery store parking lot to jump her. She thinks it’s the battery. It starts back up. Takes the truck and had battery checked out a autozone and they say it’s good. She continues to drive to Lake Tahoe CA with 4 kids.
4days later This afternoon I get a call the truck died while on freeway coming home with LOP light. had her check the oil dip stick over FaceTime what an ordeal. It was half full. Almost got a divorce over trying to find the hood latch release.
I drove 90 miles with an Arsenal of tools and oil. No codes. I got there added oil. Truck fired up. While driving engine died while going uphill, truck engine stalled with semi truck merging to my right and 3 cars bumper to bumper to my left. Steering went, no acceleration. I braked with no hydraulic braking as hard as I could with 4 kids in the car. I legitimately thought we are all gonna die.
I race super bikes amateur and have never more afraid tonight Of an engine stall.

I’m gonna check the fuses in the morning. After reading this thread it seems to be the culprit.

There is no recall but just a service bulletin. I did mine in about thirty minutes in my driveway with a kit from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C39T92A/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

You can report the problem with the NHTSB on their website I believe.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I will bet its Fuse 27 and the low oil has nothing to do with it.
Mine cut out one morning after accelerating hard to make the advanced green on a left turn. As soon as I chopped the throttle entering the intersection it quit. No power steering, and im rolling fast... Good Times!!

aswift007

Reaction score
Mine is a 2019 Raptor, 6800 miles. Had the same thing happen on 2 separate occasions. Floored it to pass. Truck lurched, lost power, then low oil warning. Pulled over, gauge showed nothing for oil pressure. Shut off truck, then I restarted it. Gauge back, reading normal.

On mine, the fuel pump is fuse #50, not #27. I pulled it, looks normal.

This is not what I paid for, any other suggestions before taking it back to dealer, again?