Engine Break-in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not babied mine so far, but have not flogged it yet either. I am waiting for the 1000 mile mark to really put my foot into it.

sQuid

Reaction score
I drove from Florida to California with my new 2018 Raptor. She now has 2,300 miles on her. I feel like the truck is performing a lot better and way quicker off the line now... first time I heard the tires spin. And the exhaust sounds meaner now.

Is there something with the break in period or first 1,000 miles being capped or governed somehow?

Maybe it's my imagination... but feels like a very different truck now. Which is awesome!

OP
OP
S

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove from Florida to California with my new 2018 Raptor. She now has 2,300 miles on her. I feel like the truck is performing a lot better and way quicker off the line now... first time I heard the tires spin. And the exhaust sounds meaner now.

Is there something with the break in period or first 1,000 miles being capped or governed somehow?

Maybe it's my imagination... but feels like a very different truck now. Which is awesome!

Good to know, thanks for the info! I'm only at about 400 miles at this point, so it will be interesting to see if I experience something similar.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the only things you need to do with a fresh engine is... warm it , don't hold steady throttle for long , change the filter quick

crjdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes, the computer limits power in nearly all engines across the board and increases it as the engine is broken in.

Last edited: