Engine Bay Cleaning For Pollen / Dust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCSRaptor

Reaction score
Compressed air and leaf blower to drive off most of it. For extra clean I use a a hand pump foamer and a mix of degreaser Purple power, diluted with water a nd a long handle soft bristle brush with 3” bristles will not scratch and reaches into the nooks and crannies. Foamer used minimal water low pressure will not over burden electronics etc. then rinse with gentle water stream. You can towel dry or use compressed air or blower. For final show room shine. That will not be sticky spare down everything with tire foam natural finish not glossy and avoid excess in connectors electronics etc. let tire foam sit for hour or two I just close the hood and wash the rest of the car. Been doing this for years. Open ack up and Everything looks fantastic. Does not hurt the engine in anyway. Actually preserves plastics and rubber. See a few pics just did my wife’s car in less than 25 mins. Other pic is my Raptor. I removed the cover, 2, 10mm nuts and treated the cover with Torque plastic restore. This is non-sticky, non-oily when it dries. It’s a wipe on let soak for 12 mins wipe off. works great lasts for months does not attract anymore than normal surface.

Attachments

• C4F261D2-AD5B-482C-94E9-DED6A1955797.jpeg
    C4F261D2-AD5B-482C-94E9-DED6A1955797.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 62
  • 17613675-FEBC-4200-8DF6-FF2681DE3C6C.jpeg
    17613675-FEBC-4200-8DF6-FF2681DE3C6C.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 62

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Compressed air and leaf blower to drive off most of it. For extra clean I use a a hand pump foamer and a mix of degreaser Purple power, diluted with water a nd a long handle soft bristle brush with 3” bristles will not scratch and reaches into the nooks and crannies. Foamer used minimal water low pressure will not over burden electronics etc. then rinse with gentle water stream. You can towel dry or use compressed air or blower. For final show room shine. That will not be sticky spare down everything with tire foam natural finish not glossy and avoid excess in connectors electronics etc. let tire foam sit for hour or two I just close the hood and wash the rest of the car. Been doing this for years. Open ack up and Everything looks fantastic. Does not hurt the engine in anyway. Actually preserves plastics and rubber. See a few pics just did my wife’s car in less than 25 mins. Other pic is my Raptor. I removed the cover, 2, 10mm nuts and treated the cover with Torque plastic restore. This is non-sticky, non-oily when it dries. It’s a wipe on let soak for 12 mins wipe off. works great lasts for months does not attract anymore than normal surface.
Jealous of your engine cover. What year is your truck? Mine is plain so will need to source one on the ebay.

Edit: Found them on ebay. Weird that 17-18 have different covers. Wonder if they changed something between the years as far as mounting or if it is just cosmetic. Guess I will put it on my list of things to try.

Last edited:

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting
have never used anything other than carwash or my power washer to clean mud, etc, under the hood of my raptor or any other 4wd I've ever owned (and there have been several), except one '69 that I used degreaser on before pulling the engine for rebuild

OP
OP
Idaho

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went with Adam’s all purpose cleaner and VRT on the foam cover. Was very hesitant to get wild spraying everything so just wiped down what I could by hand and that’s it.

Before
61523A96-BE4C-4AB2-A1DD-C2948D1C1BF1.jpeg

After
93DA55DD-EFA6-43E9-8939-C0CA1B3930B8.jpeg