GEN 2 Engine backfire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrotchCritter

Reaction score
Sorry to revive an ancient thread...

But I had this happen to my new Gen 2 (2018) after filling up.

1. Why does a full tank matter? I noticed a couple of people said they only notice it on a full tank and someone even asked if they had just filled up.

2. Is it bad?

3. I have been putting 89 octane in my raptor...should I be doing premium only?

Scratch that last question I googled it! I can get 93 around here so I'll start putting that in or 91 at the minimum. HOWEVER-- For this tank of gas can I throw some octane booster in the tank or is that stuff BS?

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happens after I fill up also (93). With Borla exhaust, people take cover!!
Lmao mine backfired and I have the borla atak and a guy was walking and he screamed. Don’t blame him though since it sounded like a shot gun going off

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing fuel must be getting back to the intake via vapor lines when filling with fuel. This is some what common on all vehicle makes, there may not be a fix for this as most Gen2 Raptors seem to do it

Reaction score
My 17 ever since I put the Corsa catback on pops occasionally and sounds like gunshots, lol. Typically only does it on deacceleartions and between gear changes. Doesn't happen often but when it does it pops a decent amount for a short while but I kinda like it.

Viper01

Reaction score
My 17 ever since I put the Corsa catback on pops occasionally and sounds like gunshots, lol. Typically only does it on deacceleartions and between gear changes. Doesn't happen often but when it does it pops a decent amount for a short while but I kinda like it.
I have the Corsa sport catback and mine does the exact same thing.