GEN 2 End links loose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, the grease helped. After a long winter, the rattle started to get noisier.

I made an appointment with the dealer. Ordered new endlinks. Rattle is gone.

9E7AA12E-1D40-4EAD-B825-B3B49CEA2838.jpeg

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can you tell me how many miles it had on it and how rough did you drive it and is the project a DIY

I got about 22k miles on my truck right now. It’s a DD and I have done some winter hooning but nothing serious/jumping.

The end link has a plastic cap on the horizontal joint. I believe that it loosens up and possibly allows water inside. I plan to spray them with some sort of rust prevention coating. Might help.

It is a DIY job and I don’t think the end links are that pricey. Mine were covered under warranty.

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford has a history of laughably bad end link quality. They are practically disposable. I would replace with MOOG greasable.

I looked for aftermarket, Moog in particular, but probably not available yet. Hopefully these hold up for a few years.

Reaction score
I want to replace the end links on my 2018 with MOOG but so far have not been able to find a replacement part number... Anyone have the number willing to share. thanks in advance