Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

GEN 2 End links loose?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by JohnyPython, May 14, 2019.

1. JohnyPython

JohnyPython Full Access Member

I got a front end suspension rattle at low speeds. I think I have narrowed it down to the end links.

I snuggled up the nuts but if I grab and shake them the end links still have some play.

AFAIK, end links should not have any play except for being able to pivot.

I want to stay away from the dealer/warranty for now. I think shooting some grease under the boot might quiet them down.

Anybody have any insight?

LIRaptor likes this.
  2. Leftsidej

Leftsidej Full Access Member

Yes, I had a front end “clunk” noise. Basically any small bump I went over anywhere between 10-60mph it was extremely noticeable clunk coming from the front of the truck.

Brought it to Ford and they replaced the sway bar end links on both sides, knock on wood I’ve had no issues or noise since.

JohnyPython likes this.
  3. JohnyPython

Yesterday after work, I had some time and took the driver’s side end link off.

There is play in the lower ball joint. Upper ball joint is good.

I carefully removed the boot clip. It wasn’t dry but I shot some grease in there.

It’s still rattles but not as much. I think I gotta visit the dealer. Probably need to replace the end links.

Leftsidej likes this.
  4. Leftsidej

Yeah I’d say it sounds like the end links. A suspension tech jumped in my truck with me and after maybe 30 seconds he knew exactly what it was. Good news is if you don’t have the extended warranty it’s not a bank killer per say compared to what it could be.

5. JohnyPython

Yeah I don’t think they’re $$. I still have warranty anyways. Just trying to avoid the whole dealership experience haha

Leftsidej likes this.
  6. Leftsidej

Oh I absolutely understand. Keep the thread updated if that fixes the issue!