Enclosed trailer Utah to L.A. Recommendation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mannyrap3

Reaction score
Hello Eveyone, I’m looking to get my 2022 raptor ship from Utah to L.A does anyone have some recommendation. I shipped my gt500 from Pennsylvania to LA but the company is no longer in service. Would love to make the trip but right now it’s the Busiest time of the year for our company.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got nothing... sorry
But congratulations on finding a truck!
The dealer can't help? I would expect them to get a better rate than we could get?

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might have a hard time fitting that bad boy in an enclosed. Open should be OK?
These guys do nice work, they just picked up my 992 GT3 that I sold, and am brining my 991.2 GT3 RS to me, enclosed.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Couple of years back I wanted to ship an Rx350 from Ny to Idaho, gift to my daughter. Called a few companies, most sucked, unreliable. One company said they put it out to bid, if they get no bites they raise the price until they do. Never heard back. Daughter wound up flying in and my wife and she drove it back.

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am your man! Might have a few miles on the odometer after a short detour in Moab, but it will be broke in for you!

Attachments

• B7ADB5B9-F813-4963-816E-852973A8293E.jpeg
    B7ADB5B9-F813-4963-816E-852973A8293E.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 20

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Eveyone, I’m looking to get my 2022 raptor ship from Utah to L.A does anyone have some recommendation. I shipped my gt500 from Pennsylvania to LA but the company is no longer in service. Would love to make the trip but right now it’s the Busiest time of the year for our company.
Don’t ship it by trailer. The truck is to wide and unless the trailer is designed to hold oversized it may get damaged during transport.
The vehicles sway a little bit inside a trailer during transport. My .02 cents. Use intercity or the like and avoid the potential damage.

Good luck and research the actual driver Company doing the delivery. Most use brokers to find an open slot and have nothing to do with the actual physical delivery.

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should drive it home!! Come on, it is not that far!! I just drove my 2021 Gen3 37pp from NYC to Salt Lake City, 2,350 miles one way, piece of cake, and made a couple stops at Mount Rushmore and Devil’s Tower!! It is an awesome truck for a long trip!!

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should drive it home!! Come on, it is not that far!! I just drove my 2021 Gen3 37pp from NYC to Salt Lake City, 2,350 miles one way, piece of cake, and made a couple stops at Mount Rushmore and Devil’s Tower!! It is an awesome truck for a long trip!!
This. $100 flight to SLC and then 10-12 hours home on the pavement. 3-40 days long if you decide to only hit dirt roads to get home

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I shipped my Rap from NC to CA. I tried Uship but was ****** around by scumbag companies. One 'bid' on my shipment only to not source a driver and then had the audacity to call me 2 weeks after I left NC (on military orders, that $hit is non-negotiable). Had I trusted them I would have been completely screwed. I ended up utilizing a smaller but well-reviewed broker who was able to get me a driver.

The Rap will absolutely fit on a non-enclosed trailer. They have to put it on the top so you don't worry about clearance issues with the trailer. Yes, it's tall and wide but it will fit. For the cost difference between open and enclosed (literally double lol) it's worth it to ship it non-enclosed and then just get a car wash. It's not a Ferrari 250 GTO....

Overall I learned that the car shipment game is a total $hit show. Best luck OP! You can always pay me and I'll drive it up for you ;)