Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 Emergency engine issue

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by misuracaf10, Sep 15, 2019.

1. 91Eunos

91Eunos FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Motor sounds like it’s toast. Definitely a vacuum leak somewhere, but that rough of an idle is a lot more than a vacuum leak. Sounds like one of my track cars when it had a hole in the side of the block!

2. f150jack

f150jack Full Access Member

dont know about the hiss sound but agree with regards to intercooler fans. mine sounded like shit till power washed fans off throughly. dont have video but this is what it looked like

20190516_183033.jpg

3. misuracaf10

misuracaf10 Full Access Member

Believe it or not.. I just Spent 2 days driving on the sand dunes and there was no issue... ran her hard too. I thought that it was the fan that turns on at idle to cool the engine down that was making the noise so I didn’t let it idle at all. Not sure if that is gonna actually solve anything. But I haven’t idled and I haven’t had a problem. Gonna hose down the engine bay and then idle it and see if anything happens. Going to the dealer ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. usurper

usurper Member

I agree with this assessment. If it was mechanical/internal, the noise would have happened at startup - not after 7-15 seconds after start. The hissing does sound like vacuum or similar. Loose intake somewhere? It's oddly high-pitched for an intake noise though. I'd start with a good cleaning in the grill and underbody to get anything caked on fans or similar off of there first, then run again and see if you can track down the source of the high pitched.

5. misuracaf10

misuracaf10 Full Access Member

High pitched was a catch can leak that was my fault after the initial noise happened. The elbow leading to the can broke off when I was trying to unscrew the can. I thought maybe my cab was over full and was the reason for the noise. It seemed to break off quite easily though.
    Maybe the cab was leaking or cracked before and was cause for the noise.

Since I put the stock line back on I haven’t heard any problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. BendSprinter

BendSprinter Member

2021 Ford Raptor Turbo Diesel -o_Oo_O