Electrical Issues, what now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueSVT

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so let's say Ford buys it back. Considering this is a very used truck how much will the owner get? Would you get blue book?
It's only "lightly" used... LOL

I'm wondering that myself. High book? Low Book? Curious to see what other lemon law vehicles have been bought back as.

I'm REALLY hoping we don't go down that road. To just get a new truck and then have to redo everything would suck ass, and I'd probably be out another $15K+ in the end.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why they are messing with the battery or charging system. If the problem is only isolated to a hand full of systems, its not going to be a battery or alternator or main wiring from those unless its an RFI problem which this sounds like its not. Focus on grounds to the bulk head from the dash and if those check out ok, I'd seriously consider replacing the smart junction box or at least inspecting it for water damage and loose terminal connections.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Does it store codes when it does this?

OP
OP
BlueSVT

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope... no codes. They've triple checked about every connection, and haven't been able to even reproduce it. It mostly occurs off road, must be due to the shaking or vibration.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One reason they are so tough to go through buybacks is because tehy give out a considerable amount more than the vehicle is worth. They pay for all the extras you have on the vehicle also. The 02 F250 was 2 years old and it only cost 2k to drive. They have some formula they use I dont remember exactly how the value is calculated.
As I was saying the CrownVic had bad crimps under the distribution box and would act the same way as what you are talking about except it stalled and wouldnt restart. Turned out the guy building the harness was skipping a step in the build process sometimes. Must have been hangover days. ha ha ha

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you checked the gaggle of wires under the seats? I know it sounds weird, but on both raptor 2011 and 2012 the bundles started rubbing through on the sharp edges under the seat.. Giving weird faults, airbag system faults, seatbelt chimes, and other weird messages..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the gaggle of wires under the seats? I know it sounds weird, but on both raptor 2011 and 2012 the bundles started rubbing through on the sharp edges under the seat.. Giving weird faults, airbag system faults, seatbelt chimes, and other weird messages..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Ditto on this. That is what happenened to mine. I wrote a lengthy forum thread on hear describing it. The main wiring loom runs under the driver seat and there are sharp pieces that can cut through it.
I'm a big guy so I run with my seat all the way down. That was causing the wiring loom to be smashed with the metal
. just try raising your seat or moving it from where you normally have it and see if that works.

Here's the thread I was talking about.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f52/my-tough-issues-18487/

Mil T

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope... no codes. They've triple checked about every connection, and haven't been able to even reproduce it. It mostly occurs off road, must be due to the shaking or vibration.

If it stores no codes then the chances of it being wiring or end device related are pretty slim. It's a module problem.