Electrical Issues, what now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueSVT

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well you're going to like this... Diagnosis on the heated seat not working came back.

"Technically" the heater elements work, they said. It takes about 20-25 minutes before it actually gets hot, heats up EXTREMELY slow. Put a replacement request into Ford, which was DENIED because "It still works" according to Ford. They claim it's a wear and tear item, and I must use it a lot... so it's worn out. I live in SoCal, and use the damn thing MAYBE a handful of times per year?!!

25 FREAKING MINUTES TO GET HOT, AND THAT'S OK WITH FORD?!?!?!

What the hell is the purpose of a heated seat... if it takes 20+ minutes to heat up? By that time, the seat isn't cold anymore!!!

My frustration has officially hit a new level, with that ******** excuse for denying the warranty.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the dealer/tech really doesn't want to work on your truck.

OP
OP
BlueSVT

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like the dealer/tech really doesn't want to work on your truck.
He's been really good, always done a great job... and he's going to submit some follow-up requests to his service manager, which he said may get us nowhere, but at least he'll try.

I don't think it's the tech... he's been great to me for a LONG time. He said it's getting harder and harder to get things through warranty, and they've been pulling crap like this for a while now. Of course the standard, "You can take it up with Customer Care" will be the inevitable next step... but this is ridiculous.

My passenger side gets hot in literally 30 seconds... like it should. 25 minutes? It's almost comical that Ford thinks that's not worth replacing.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20 some minutes isn't right. I could see ford squawking at something expensive but a seat heater doesn't sound the norm. I've had zero issues getting anything warrantied with my truck and some of its been pretty nit pick (and recent). I wonder how this dealer stands with ford and if fords had trouble being burned with warranty items in the past by them. Could explain things. Ford is pretty much cornered with fixing the voltage light problem since its a reoccurring problem.

CorvetteZR1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used lemon law, where each time the manufacturer bought the car back BEFORE I went through the full lemon law process, 3 times in the past 20 yrs. They buy your car back at purchase price, less any rebates, plus credit ( to the manufacturer) for wear and tear based normally on mileage. They will also give you a refund reduction if there is any damage to the vehicle other than "normal wear and tear".

One of my buy backs was a two year old car with low miles that I only lost 2 or 3k on for the time I owned it ( and the headache of issues ).

Hope this helps for the people that were asking how lemon law or " buy backs" works.

OP
OP
BlueSVT

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:

My service advisor requested a review of the warranty denial of the seat heater with the regional manager, and apparently he too agreed that it's a bit ridiculous for a seat to take 25 minutes to warm up. They're going to replace.

That, and the passenger side seat rail is also loose in my truck, so you feel a small "clunk" when you lean forward and back. They're also replacing the seat track mechanism under warranty. Rear Diff leaking again (for the 5th time), and that's being resealed as well.

Lastly, they're trying to source a recorder to install in my truck, for my next off road trip... hopefully they can get their hands on one, and I can take it on my upcoming trip! As long as it also records DC voltage, I think it will catch the errors...

Things are looking up! Although the actual electrical problem at hand is still a long ways from being "fixed", at least the other items are being fixed without issues.

:sexywiz: