Electrical Illiterate - Wiring up my Squadron’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi again everyone,

As the title says, this is certainly not my strong suit and I’d prefer to not screw up my harnesses and anything else at that.

Here’s my set up -

1. Squadron SAE’s in bumper to switch 4.
2. Squadron Sport Driving Combo in bumper to switch 3.
3. Squadron Racer Editions on the A-Pillar, also wanting to wire to switch 3.

I’ve set it up this way to have a street legal set up in the evening while keeping the non street legal lights separate.

That said, do I just need to splice the hot wires from the sports & racer editions together? I’d prefer to run these with a Y-Connector if possible and I have a spare wiring harness from BD specific for running to the upfitters if I need to tear it apart to create a connector. Help is appreciated!

Thank you!

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see why that wouldn’t work. Just make sure those 4 don’t exceed the wattage for the upfitter switch. Switch 3 is 15amp and may not run all 4 of those at once if they exceed the 15amp draw. This link may be of some help.

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can wire all the lights to switch 3 as long as you don't exceed the circuits rated amperage. If needed you could put a relay in the circuit that sw3 would engage to increase the available amperage.