Electrical Drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to take Crystal@fordservice up on her offer to get involved. I too had water in my rear camera connection and it killed my battery. Sprayed it with a water displacer to protect it. Hopefully you'll get things squared away soon.

OP
OP
ESRaptor

ESRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to take Crystal@fordservice up on her offer to get involved. I too had water in my rear camera connection and it killed my battery. Sprayed it with a water displacer to protect it. Hopefully you'll get things squared away soon.

Already did. Spoke to two different people at first. Called one of them a week ago and haven't heard back. Not helping my patience at all.

OP
OP
ESRaptor

ESRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The White Witch has returned! But it’s early, let’s not get too giddy just yet.

I am going to give you the short version in hopes that those with similar problems can have theirs repaired in a quicker fashion.
The tech observed that the chime was not working. Pulled the instrument cluster and as he pulled it forward and rotated it forward, the chime started (key in ignition, door open). Ford said to replace. The tech was installing the new one and noticed that the cluster lights would come on and needles would move. Discovered that his arm was brushing against the key in the ignition. He wiggled the key and the issue repeated. Ford said to replace the ignition.

All seemed good for 4 days, they were about to call me to come pick up the truck when they noticed the cluster lights on. Contacted Ford, they told the tech to touch either the brake or gear shifter. He did and clusters light come on. Traced to shifter issue and that was replaced.

Ford told the tech that they have had “multiple problems causing this concern”. So apparently Ford is aware of the many vehicles that this has affected and confirmed by the posts in the forum.

I intend to follow up with Ford. I initially bought a new battery thinking that was the problem. They killed that battery and then a second new battery trying to solve this issue. The dealership is balking at refunding me for that battery, but a final disposition has not been decided. And I was without my truck for the best part of 6 weeks. How many trips to the dealership? Need to figure that out.

Should a truck with 14,*** miles be having this type of problem? And there appears to be several trucks with the same issue. Is this going to happen again after another 14,000 miles and my warranty is up? I don’t want to have to pay that bill. I hope this helps others with similar problems. Will continue to update as needed.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What year is your raptor, if it's been in service for less than 3 years since leaving the factory, it's all covered, prorated on the original battery I'm assuming.

OP
OP
ESRaptor

ESRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What year is your raptor, if it's been in service for less than 3 years since leaving the factory, it's all covered, prorated on the original battery I'm assuming.

Truck is a 2013. I think they would have preferred to have had the truck and replaced it themselves as opposed to me taking it out and taking it to them. Also I think we have our lines crossed and there is so much confusion because of many visits and 4 batteries.

BABaracus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The White Witch has returned! But it’s early, let’s not get too giddy just yet.

I am going to give you the short version in hopes that those with similar problems can have theirs repaired in a quicker fashion.
The tech observed that the chime was not working. Pulled the instrument cluster and as he pulled it forward and rotated it forward, the chime started (key in ignition, door open). Ford said to replace. The tech was installing the new one and noticed that the cluster lights would come on and needles would move. Discovered that his arm was brushing against the key in the ignition. He wiggled the key and the issue repeated. Ford said to replace the ignition.

All seemed good for 4 days, they were about to call me to come pick up the truck when they noticed the cluster lights on. Contacted Ford, they told the tech to touch either the brake or gear shifter. He did and clusters light come on. Traced to shifter issue and that was replaced.

Ford told the tech that they have had “multiple problems causing this concern”. So apparently Ford is aware of the many vehicles that this has affected and confirmed by the posts in the forum.

I intend to follow up with Ford. I initially bought a new battery thinking that was the problem. They killed that battery and then a second new battery trying to solve this issue. The dealership is balking at refunding me for that battery, but a final disposition has not been decided. And I was without my truck for the best part of 6 weeks. How many trips to the dealership? Need to figure that out.

Should a truck with 14,*** miles be having this type of problem? And there appears to be several trucks with the same issue. Is this going to happen again after another 14,000 miles and my warranty is up? I don’t want to have to pay that bill. I
hope this helps others with similar problems. Will continue to update as needed.

So did this finally resolve the issue?