Electrical and starting issue after trailer light work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

off2wildblue

Reaction score
So my 2012 is basically dead. I was working on getting my trailer lights working and all of a sudden the truck started beeping and the problems began. I was testing the ground wire and left turn signal or brake lights. only at the rear of the trailer using a flat four plug. I never touched the truck's wiring. Now it won't start and only clicks or nothing at all. Battery is fully charged and I checked most every fuse and tested every relay I thought appropriate. It flashes, beeps and every time you turn the key it acts differently. You can hear multiple relays clicking in the cab and in the forward fuse panel. It also sometimes will flash the check brake system, hill descent control fault and the service advancetrac in that order along with other various lights. However, not every time. I also put an Elm327 on it and showed no codes.

I hope this is enough info. I was suppose to leave on a two week vacation with my wife with our "new to me Raptor" in two days. I am freaking out and may have blown this trip that was planned months ago.

Please help. I will have to tow it in the morning to a dealer if I can't fix it.

Please help. I will have to tow it in the morning to a dealer if I can't fix it.

Video

OP
OP
O

off2wildblue

Reaction score
I know right? I freaking pulled out just about all of the in the front and checked them. I will use the multimeter tomorrow to be 100% sure. But nothing even remotely obvious.

OP
OP
O

off2wildblue

Reaction score
So I jumped it this morning when I finally got another vehicle here and damn, it worked. What the hell? I upgraded from a 2004 Ram without all the electronic stuff and either the battery was low or dead. This truck showed 11.7 V and I guess technically it wasn't 12V but man I would never have thought all that crazy electronic stuff would go that nuts. At least it got me to this site and learning more about the truck. Thanks everyone, time to get ready for the trip to the Keys!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I jumped it this morning when I finally got another vehicle here and damn, it worked. What the hell? I upgraded from a 2004 Ram without all the electronic stuff and either the battery was low or dead. This truck showed 11.7 V and I guess technically it wasn't 12V but man I would never have thought all that crazy electronic stuff would go that nuts. At least it got me to this site and learning more about the truck. Thanks everyone, time to get ready for the trip to the Keys!
Post some pics of your trip, bro! Have fun.