GEN 2 Electric power washer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been debating jumping into an electric pressure washer for the truck, as well as the deck, or garage, or other applications around the house.

How do the K1900/K2000 compare to the K5 Premium Full Control from Karcher? I was looking into those ones a bit.

Do people that use them get the foam cannon attachment, or just use the detergent from the unit?

What detergent, anything special for car washing, or just their universal detergent?

Do you use a water filter of some sort on your setup?

I dont think the detergent tank will get you foam like a foam cannon.

I purchased this foam canon, it works great and it is inexpensive. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HC898GM/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Edit-fixed link

Last edited:

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been debating jumping into an electric pressure washer for the truck, as well as the deck, or garage, or other applications around the house.

How do the K1900/K2000 compare to the K5 Premium Full Control from Karcher? I was looking into those ones a bit.

Do people that use them get the foam cannon attachment, or just use the detergent from the unit?

What detergent, anything special for car washing, or just their universal detergent?

Do you use a water filter of some sort on your setup?

For foaming/shampoo, I prefer Gyeon Foam. https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-foam.html

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think the detergent tank will get you foam like a foam cannon.

I purchased this foam canon, it works great and is inexpensive.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VXP81YX/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

link isn't to a foam cannon, I'm assuming its the wrong link.
Is it the Karcher foam sprayer option for the K1900/K2000, or a different brand one with the standard fitting?

For foaming/shampoo, I prefer Gyeon Foam. https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-foam.html

cool, thanks

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 25yo electric PW died a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, I was able to fix it.

I was looking at upgrading. I like gas powered but I think it’s too much power for washing vehicles. My nephew blasted the paint off his running board on his Chevy. That’s another story.

In my research to upgrade, Bertolini electric pressure washers are the cat’s meow. Of course, they’re pricey.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks.
What are you using, the K1900 or K2000? I saw you suggested both above.

I'm leaning K1900, as I don't really like the hose reel (based on comments I read), and don't really see a need for 2 detergent containers.

I use the K2000, even the hose reel makes it a little top heavy especially if you put a longer/heavier hose on it. I use the green Flexzilla hose, 1/4"x50ft. I like being able to coil the hose up on the unit and keep everything together. I put a small samdbag in the storage bin to offset some of the top heavy weight. With the 50 ft hose though, I just roll the unit to garage door, hook up thr garden hose (add a quick disconnect, make it so easy) and the 50ft hose allows me to wash the whole truck and not have to move the pressure washer itself around. In the Obsessed Garage reviews, negligible difference in performance between the 1900 and 2000.

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys use water filters at all to reduce spots, or I've seen people do it to eliminate hand drying on ceramic coated vehicles?

Or do you just go straight from the garden hose?

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you guys use water filters at all to reduce spots, or I've seen people do it to eliminate hand drying on ceramic coated vehicles?

Or do you just go straight from the garden hose?
Straight garden hose for me. With the Kamikaze Miyabi and ISM ceramic coatings and Overcoat tolling, just wash, blowing off with leaf blower gets 95% of water off, Griots PFM drying towel to get last drips and all good. Never get water spots or mineral deposits.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the funds, go Kranzle but be prepared for sticker shock.

For electric, go Karcher but stick to the K1900 or K2000. K1700 would also work but doesn't have same heavy duty pump as the K1900/2000.

Watch the Obsessed Garage videos on YouTube. He tests all the Ryiobi, Greenworks, SunJoe, Karcher, etc. The problem with most is the dont come close to their rated specs plus SunJoe and AR use M22 15mm connectors vs standard M22 14mm which makes it a pain in the rear to fit new/longer hoses, spray guns, etc.
I went with Comet (Obsessed Garage also sells it) ... according to his testing it puts out close to 2 gallons at 975-1050psi with 4.0 nozzle (so perfect for car washing). It was better then Karcher when tested. It will do cold or hot water.

20200417_122014.jpg

Last edited: