Electric Gremlin Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my Whipple Supercharger installed last week. Everything has been running perfect. No problems whatsoever. I have put around 200 miles on it since the install with no problems. However yesterday driving home all of a sudden the speedometer started fluttering around and the transmission shifted in and out of neutral even through I was in drive. It also appeared the throttle wasn’t taking my input on the pedal. It was intermittent and would come and go. The big wrench did show up on the display. Eventually I pulled the truck over to pull the codes. At that point it wouldn’t even start. It just clicked. After a few minutes it fired right up and I kept driving home. Happened a bunch more times on the way home (shifting into neutral) but I managed to nurse it home.

Following codes were present:
P0706 - Transmission Range Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
P0707 - Transmission Range Sensor A Circuit Low
P0365 - Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit (Bank 1)
P0369 - Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Intermittent (Bank 1)
P0390 - Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit (Bank 2)
P0394 - Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Intermittent (Bank 2)

Definitely seems to be some kind of electrical gremlin but not sure where to start looking. Any suggestions? I plan to take back to the install shop if I can't track it down with some simple solutions on my own...

Thanks

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you check the wire harness going down to the tranny and it's not up against the exhaust?
Also check the wires on the top front of each valve cover follow those back as well.
But I would bring it back ASAP!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going on a flatbed tomorrow to be delivered back to the shop for them to diagnose. I will keep people updated on the results...

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If we are taking bets, I'd bet exactly what @MTF said, the wiring that goes around the engine to the transmission passes dangerously close to the exhaust manifold and if mechanics aren't careful and intimate with the 6.2L they don't pin them up far enough out of the way. Plus you are making more heat with the supercharger.

OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If we are taking bets, I'd bet exactly what @MTF said, the wiring that goes around the engine to the transmission passes dangerously close to the exhaust manifold and if mechanics aren't careful and intimate with the 6.2L they don't pin them up far enough out of the way. Plus you are making more heat with the supercharger.

Looks like you won the bet! Tranny harness was next to manifold, getting hot and messing up. He fixed it and problem went away. He is going to keep it all weekend and put a couple
hundred miles on it to make sure.

Thanks everyone for your help!!!