Eibachs on 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody interested in collecting a before and after fuel economy? One of you guys must use Fuelly.

Unfortunately I didn't do any official measurements before and after, but I definitely lost a bit of fuel economy. According to my trip odometer -.6 mpg or so.

2019 scab, ended up with +1/4" of height over the rear after things settled down. Installing my Deaver +3s to gain 1" in the rear over stock this week. Maybe my truck will magically regain it's fuel economy when she has a rake again lol.

BALLYWOOD007

Reaction score
Just had my Eibachs installed on my 19 over the weekend by a Ford service dealer. They installed the springs without any issue. I told them that theres no reason it would void my warranty if I'm not flying off dunes (which I won't...its a daily driver on the road) and the springs are far superior than the stock ones that come with the truck.

The front end seems to be just a touch up than the rear. I used a level reader on my phone and it read 0.5. I think the springs need to settle in a bit.

As far as the ride goes...its a lot more stiff in the front than with the stock springs. When i go over speed bumps I feel like the truck doesn't absorb the impact and remains stiff and casuing a jolt. Maybe its me. I don't know. I eventually want to increase payload (1200lbs is a joke lol) and towing capabilities. Any suggestions? Will post pics later.

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my Eibachs installed on my 19 over the weekend by a Ford service dealer. They installed the springs without any issue. I told them that theres no reason it would void my warranty if I'm not flying off dunes (which I won't...its a daily driver on the road) and the springs are far superior than the stock ones that come with the truck.

The front end seems to be just a touch up than the rear. I used a level reader on my phone and it read 0.5. I think the springs need to settle in a bit.

As far as the ride goes...its a lot more stiff in the front than with the stock springs. When i go over speed bumps I feel like the truck doesn't absorb the impact and remains stiff and casuing a jolt. Maybe its me. I don't know. I eventually want to increase payload (1200lbs is a joke lol) and towing capabilities. Any suggestions? Will post pics later.

exactly why I went with an RPG 1.5" spacer. Lifts the front just enough to still have some rake, still have the plush stock feel, just a tad stiffer which makes it perfect. I sold my Eibachs

bowhun2r

Reaction score
QQ.. I've read other posts on MY 19-20 trucks with the live valve shocks that after installation they had to do a reset on the truck. Basically telling the ECU the truck is level with the added height. Else the posts stated this could cause a harsh ride w/o resetting the shocks on the truck. Apparently the dealer can do this?? Other posts said the truck does this on startup... and yet this entire thread does not mention anything about having to do this. I just received my springs yesterday and lining up installation over the holiday. Just wanted to validate if this is needed...or if the truck does it automatically.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
QQ.. I've read other posts on MY 19-20 trucks with the live valve shocks that after installation they had to do a reset on the truck. Basically telling the ECU the truck is level with the added height. Else the posts stated this could cause a harsh ride w/o resetting the shocks on the truck. Apparently the dealer can do this?? Other posts said the truck does this on startup... and yet this entire thread does not mention anything about having to do this. I just received my springs yesterday and lining up installation over the holiday. Just wanted to validate if this is needed...or if the truck does it automatically.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

The ride on road if you know your truck well, will feel somewhat rougher over defects in the roads like small bumps and things. It won’t be as good as it was stock.

Get the ride height calibration done and your good again. No the truck won’t calibrate itself. Most dealers and tech’s and have never heard of this procedure, so you may need to explain it to them. If you find a good truck shop and they know Raptors then it might be easier.

bowhun2r

Reaction score
The ride on road if you know your truck well, will feel somewhat rougher over defects in the roads like small bumps and things. It won’t be as good as it was stock.

Get the ride height calibration done and your good again. No the truck won’t calibrate itself. Most dealers and tech’s and have never heard of this procedure, so you may need to explain it to them. If you find a good truck shop and they know Raptors then it might be easier.

Thank you sir. And by being on this forum (and other vehicle forums...) I can assure you I'll notice it. I don't do social media...but I do do vehicle media :)

After posting my original question I came across your posts in other threads and booked marked them. Will use that when I'm at the dealership over the holidays if they say I don't know WTF I'm talking about (it has happened...).

First Ford ever...after 30+ vehicles (I'm old) and I'm really liking this truck. Maybe it's the honeymoon phase...but this thing is the most comfortable/powerful vehicle I've owned. Just hoping the reliability is on par with my Toyotas. I digressed...Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate the help.