Eibachs on 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep It Dirty Off Road just posted a review video of the Eibachs on their YouTube channel. By the looks of it, it will absolutely effect the off road capabilities with the live suspension that the 2019/2020 have and the progressive versus linear springs. Had looked at Eibachs myself but now steering much harder towards Geisers.
Damn I just watched this. Now it got me thinking. One thing he didn’t cover is how stock springs would fare in that test. Are eibachs better off-road than stock?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn I just watched this. Now it got me thinking. One thing he didn’t cover is how stock springs would fare in that test. Are eibachs better off-road than stock?

Exactly! The way I took it, the Eibach’s are an upgrade but the Geiser’s would have faired somewhat better. Didn’t they also say that nothing less then a set of King’s or Fox 3.0’s would really do a good job on aggressive trails like this? I’m pretty sure those softer stock coils couldn’t keep you up Any better.

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to cancel my order. I think I’m going to just keep the suspension stock for now. I feel like an a hole canceling the order from nick at Apollo but man there’s just so much information out there, it’s really hard to make a sound decision.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right but I also don’t want to downgrade for the sake of an inch and a half.

With all the feedback I have heard, I never did hear of this being a down grade or I surely would have never removed my stock springs and knowingly degraded factory performance. I’m yet to get it off road with these coils, but street use is close to factory but somewhat enhanced in handling. It seems to soak up bumps better too and these coils are a few pounds heavier and not even progressive.

I would research further until you have proof if I was you. There is a large thread that has been around for a long time on the Eibach’s. Maybe you should go through it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right but I also don’t want to downgrade for the sake of an inch and a half.

It's an upgrade, not a downgrade. Geisers are better if you're going to drive fast off road. I'm still thinking Eibachs because I'd rather see 1.7" than 2.5" and I don't run fast off road. I'm more concerned with running normal speeds while loaded heavily.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then why are the stock springs not linear?

My best guess is Ford had to make the truck well on toad as well as off road. So progressive generally gives you two types of springs in one. I would think the Eibach’s may be some type of compromise in that design, but they just work we’ll all around. The Geisers would be too tall by themselves on 19-20’s I’m certainly thinking. Unless you follow with Icons or Deavers. Didn’t that video also say while Geisers progressive springs win off road, they ride much harsher on road?

Smokey

Reaction score
i'm no baja racer but I do enjoy the occasional off road rip.
to me, the eibach springs are definitely better than stock; probably not as good as geisers for heavy off road but still an improvement over factory. for the price of springs, install and alignment I'm super happy with the upgrade.

short hand held clip (couldn't find my gopro mount) of a run at Texplex. I've run this with stock springs and the eibachs, truck feels a little more "planted" up front after the spring swap. again, it's not a world changing difference but it's different enough to notice.