Eibach Pro-lift springs installed with pics and comments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Set of stock wheels

EDIT: okay so the five stock wheels and a couple of boxes of fire wood definitely made a difference. Pulled those out and it’s much improved. It still about 1” lower. 41 1/2” to the fender in the rear and 42 1/2” to the fender in the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Can you send a pic now w/ the bed unladen?

MarkG

Reaction score
What leaf package did you go with in the back to maintain the rake?
Also how much of a difference did it make from stock with your new springs and leaf package going down a washboard dirt road ? Does your new package soak up the bumps noticeably a lot better?

I went with the 2 leafs in the back. When loaded with my rack and RTT it made a world of a different in stance(no sag) and ride was greatly improved. Unloaded I felt the rear planted much more than stock but overall I felt the difference right away. Drove my buddies stock ‘19 and let him drive mine and we both had same opinions on the differences we felt. Only concern is that noise but I’ve read maybe need to torque down better so going to try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As previously discussed I installed Eibachs in front (and I love them) and mine is perfectly level. Always planned on and still want to install Icon or Deavers in the rear with drop shackles for the benefits but am hesitant for the drawbacks (noises rusting) still deciding between the two.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As previously discussed I installed Eibachs in front (and I love them) and mine is perfectly level. Always planned on and still want to install Icon or Deavers in the rear with drop shackles for the benefits but am hesitant for the drawbacks (noises rusting) still deciding between the two.

You have 17-18 or 19+? I’ve pulled trigger on eibachs - want the front end a lil higher & would appreciate tighter handling/braking- for the price relative to RPG collars, geiser springs, & 3.0s obviously not a huge expense & worth a try.

If the truck is sitting nose high or showing rear sag too often come spring/summer when I’m carrying payload/trailering Itll prompt me to get rear leafs done.

I get how they’d improve the handling/wheel hop, but I’m still confused on whether or not they do anything to diminish sag. I get that deavers/icons raise the rear higher depending on leaf option 1-3, & I understand they’re stiffer - but sounds like they may not do anything to prevent sag vs stock given the same payload other than that w/ +3s the sag would be starting 1-2” higher than stock so visually less apparent but not necessarily taking any more load off the shocks???

That got me thinking the Deaver +3 HD option may be a better choice since I use it more often as a “work truck” than an off-road fun truck (although whenever I get a chance to do some off-roading I’ll take it)

How much stiffer would the Deaver HDs be vs. stock or regular +3s? Would I destroy the ride when trucks empty? Seems like they may be a more reasonable option though if you’re gonna be carrying 500+ lbs & trailering 3000+ regularly

FWIW I wouldn’t be concerned w/ rust just scuff em up when they arrive blast em w/ 2 coats of rustoleum then 2-3 coats Amsoil HDMP before install I seriously doubt you’d have rust after that.

My understanding is the icons have better corrosion resistance & nice to be able to have a “modular” leaf system you can change down the road (although basically a full re-install) - also sounds like maybe due to the modular design the bolts need to be re-torqued or checked routinely? Or maybe people just need to install w/ some blue loctite?

scmsltn

Reaction score
I am going to get the Icons because I like the 3 options. 4 Wheel Parts carries them so I am going to purchase through them because for 10% ($140) they will give you a 3-year warranty on them. So if I have any of the issues others have had, I will just swap them for a new set.

skiborsy

Reaction score
I've probably read about 30 of the 66 pages so forgive me if this is in the thread somewhere, but if you go Eibachs and keep the rear leafs stock, does the overall cab height increase and if so how much? I read somewhere that raising the front doesn't increase overall height but looking for thoughts on this (low garage at work). This is for a 2018. Thanks!