Eibach leveling springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtyshoez

Reaction score
Hey guys been looking into leveling my 2019 and I'm finding that the springs for my year are 1.7" vs the 2.5" for 17-18 gen 2's. Can anyone help me understand is our truck set up differently in the front where it doesn't need 2.5"'s, as well a shop said they think that with the live wire they think it may need to be recalibrated with anything over 1.7" but that was just an idea as they hadn't actually done one yet. I've been searching for answers but no luck, can anyone give me some insight here before I purchase the wrong thing? Thanks in advance.

NorCalSteve

Reaction score
I did the Eibach’s a week after purchase on my 2020. I brought it back to dealer and they recalibrated the shocks while I waited (~30min) and did not charge me. I didn’t feel like it needed it and I didn’t feel a difference, just peace of mind.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got eibachs put on my 2020. They feel a bit over sprung for the shock as the shocks do top out pretty hard during droop and they seem to ride a bit stiffer than I’d consider ideal.

I am going to get the ride height reset by Ford next week. Hopefully that fixes it.

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019s ride higher than 2017-2018 by about 0.7", hence the difference in lift from the same eibach springs.

It doesn't "need" to be recalibrated, but from what I understand the truck will think the shock is extended, and will apply more current to the live valves and thus stiffen up the compression, in anticipation of a bump/resettling that would inevitably be coming if the shock was in that state for a stock truck (i.e. extended). As a result, the truck will ride firmer in normal operation unless the ride height is reset. There is lengthy thread here https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...rings-installed-with-pics-and-comments.65429/. Read from about page 100 onwards... lots of comments / experience.

I installed fox 3.0s with 1.5" of lift, and it was quite firm until I had the ride height sorted out.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can do Eibachs in your truck and still retain that great Raptor ride and then some. Eibachs as mentioned level 19 and 20’s pretty much dead level. If you know your truck and have drove it enough miles, you would realize the subtle difference doing the “Ride height calibration” restores. Otherwise your basically riding firmer than need be without it.