Eibach leveling springs questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragingred

Reaction score
I have a 2019 with about 32,000 miles on it, I’m looking to get the Eibach 2.5 leveling springs. I searched the forum and read a few but can’t seem to find the direct answer. Will the 2.5 in the front make the truck dead level? Also do the the shocks need to be calibrated? If so can this be done by a dealer? One last question is how hard is the install? Never touched springs before so I was wondering if it would just be easier to get a shop do it with hope they don’t charge a ton. Thanks in advance!

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 19 as well. I did the Deaver +3 HD leafs (raises the rear 1”) at the same time as the Eibachs. I did some measurements about 5k after installing, and the top of the rear wheel flare was 1 1/4 higher than the top of the front flare. That’s with an empty bed.

Everyone’s numbers vary slightly, which I am assuming is due to manufacturing variances, and payload. it would be pretty darn close, give or take some.

My personal opinion:

I wanted to leave a little bit of rake, so when I put weight in the bed, it wouldn’t be nose high. The stock leafs sag MUCH more easily than the HD Deavers.

Just another thought, it does make the suspension more firm, does help reduce noise dive and body roll though. If you do mainly on road driving, with light off-roading, I would probably do the collars like suggested above in the 1.5 inch (less preload would affect the ride less). OR go directly to the FOX Factory 3.0 shocks. I feel like there isn’t enough down travel with the Eibachs, and when the shocks top out, it sounds pretty harsh which I don’t like.

Obviously everyone’s use, and preferences are different, just sharing my 2 cents.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new set of Eibach springs and Deaver +3 HD I’m looking to sell. Also have the SDHQ bump plate relocation kit needed for the Deaver install. I’m in the Portland, OR area if you are interested. Ended up ordering a Tremor and hadn’t put them on the Raptor yet.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eibach’s on a ‘19-‘20 live valve truck gets you 1.70” up front normally. Do the ride height adjustment routine to recalibrate your shocks.

Squeaky1

Reaction score
Eibach’s on a ‘19-‘20 live valve truck gets you 1.70” up front normally. Do the ride height adjustment routine to recalibrate your shocks.
What is the ride height routine and calibration? Is that done in the settings or a service shop thing?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the ride height routine and calibration? Is that done in the settings or a service shop thing?
You can now do the procedure yourself with the Forscan app. Or you will need a dealer or a competent shop that has the software.

There is a big thread on this and had a sticky about the procedure. See if you can find that and if that helps.

Squeaky1

Reaction score
You can now do the procedure yourself with the Forscan app. Or you will need a dealer or a competent shop that has the software.

There is a big thread on this and had a sticky about the procedure. See if you can find that and if that helps.
Thanks!
I have a 19 as well. I did the Deaver +3 HD leafs (raises the rear 1”) at the same time as the Eibachs. I did some measurements about 5k after installing, and the top of the rear wheel flare was 1 1/4 higher than the top of the front flare. That’s with an empty bed.

Everyone’s numbers vary slightly, which I am assuming is due to manufacturing variances, and payload. it would be pretty darn close, give or take some.

My personal opinion:

I wanted to leave a little bit of rake, so when I put weight in the bed, it wouldn’t be nose high. The stock leafs sag MUCH more easily than the HD Deavers.

Just another thought, it does make the suspension more firm, does help reduce noise dive and body roll though. If you do mainly on road driving, with light off-roading, I would probably do the collars like suggested above in the 1.5 inch (less preload would affect the ride less). OR go directly to the FOX Factory 3.0 shocks. I feel like there isn’t enough down travel with the Eibachs, and when the shocks top out, it sounds pretty harsh which I don’t like.

Obviously everyone’s use, and preferences are different, just sharing my 2 cents.
Would you need to do a shock calibration with the 1.5 collars?

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is correct. Any time you adjust the ride height on a truck with live valve, you will need to recalibrate.

Luckily now, that procedure is in forscan! You can do it yourself for the price of one of those OBD modules, if you don’t already have one.