GEN 2 Eibach installation in NM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks. If you have Forscan, try resetting the relearn on the tranny. It works for me, for several months anyway. I get the occasional rough shift into drive, sloppy shifts into 8th, and rough shifts into 5 in sport mode. All better after the relearn is reset.
HOW do you reset the tranny relearn on FORSCAN ? Inquiring minds want to know. Which module(s) ? Please share a spreadsheet.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Please do tell. I do have FORSCAN and have done 9 upgrades to date. This is the second time in 2 years I've had to address the harsh shifts It's at the dealer right now. They updated the software buts it only a little bit better they said. They are going to change the throttle body and the solenoids tomorrow. So at least I have that going on.

You will probably be okay after they change out the hard parts. I took mine in the first time, they updated the tranny tune, worked great for several months, then back to slamming into gears, floating going into 8th, etc. Took it back to dealer, every swinging d*ck in the service dept drove the truck and they all agreed it was not shifting right, they talked to corporate about it and corporate said it is working as intended. No further work to be performed.

Sounds like your dealer has more swagger than mine.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will probably be okay after they change out the hard parts. I took mine in the first time, they updated the tranny tune, worked great for several months, then back to slamming into gears, floating going into 8th, etc. Took it back to dealer, every swinging d*ck in the service dept drove the truck and they all agreed it was not shifting right, they talked to corporate about it and corporate said it is working as intended. No further work to be performed.

Sounds like your dealer has more swagger than mine.
Yep. That sounds just like my trans. Maybe since i'm a 2017, I'm getting more attention. Yours is an '18 right ? Robins Ford told me today that the very first batch of '17's had to go right back to the factory for a trans issue before they were ever sold.

Eric Breden

Reaction score
Ford dealer wants $800.00, think I am going to look at a few others.

I would too, $800 is a bit steep. What year is your truck? I have a set of fronts with Geiser springs installed. Mine are off a 20 with live valves. If you have a newer truck I'd be willing to work a trade and help install.

OP
OP
R

Rodan

Reaction score
I would too, $800 is a bit steep. What year is your truck? I have a set of fronts with Geiser springs installed. Mine are off a 20 with live valves. If you have a newer truck I'd be willing to work a trade and help install.
Thanks, already bought the springs for a '19.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a pic or two? I have toyed with the idea of lowering the rear an inch.
Here ya go. Leveled with lowering the rear an inch and not lifting the front. No issues off road, but If I was going to tow, I'd probably install bumpstops, but that's what my diesel is for. It's better then effing with the front suspension in my opinion. But I have a big **** so I don't need to lift my truck. Doh !:cool:

IMG_6688.jpg

IMG_6689.jpg

IMG_6690.jpg

IMG_6691.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rodan

Reaction score
Finally got them installed, different Ford dealer much lower price. So far so good! Thanks for all the help and suggestions!