GEN 2 Eibach installation in NM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am good with the suspension as is (I came from a '17 Power Wagon) but I want it leveled and my opinion based on what I read is the Eibachs are the way to go.
Raise the front, or lower the rear. I just shortened my rear blocks under the rear leafs to be leveled. Much cheaper and easier than messing with the front suspension.

OP
OP
R

Rodan

Reaction score
This is 100% true, i just bought a 2019 last month and 4wheel parts and Desert Rat wont touch it. Let me know who you go with and how they do as i need to get some installed as well.

That was the "4x4 off road" shops I was talking about. I couldn't believe they wouldn't do it. I think I am going to give the dealer a shot. Their quote is in line with the other two shops that would do it and I would think that they are at the very least more familiar with the layout of the suspension.

slowreptar

Reaction score
That was the "4x4 off road" shops I was talking about. I couldn't believe they wouldn't do it. I think I am going to give the dealer a shot. Their quote is in line with the other two shops that would do it and I would think that they are at the very least more familiar with the layout of the suspension.
Rich ford or power ?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Raise the front, or lower the rear. I just shortened my rear blocks under the rear leafs to be leveled. Much cheaper and easier than messing with the front suspension.
Can you post a pic or two? I have toyed with the idea of lowering the rear an inch.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a pic or two? I have toyed with the idea of lowering the rear an inch.
I will when I get it back from the shop. I just dropped it off today since the transmission is having issues again. Hard shifting into Drive and very hard down shifting to 3rd. I had it reprogrammed about 6 months ago, but now the same issue is back again.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I will when I get it back from the shop. I just dropped it off today since the transmission is having issues again. Hard shifting into Drive and very hard down shifting to 3rd. I had it reprogrammed about 6 months ago, but now the same issue is back again.
Cool, thanks. If you have Forscan, try resetting the relearn on the tranny. It works for me, for several months anyway. I get the occasional rough shift into drive, sloppy shifts into 8th, and rough shifts into 5 in sport mode. All better after the relearn is reset.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks. If you have Forscan, try resetting the relearn on the tranny. It works for me, for several months anyway. I get the occasional rough shift into drive, sloppy shifts into 8th, and rough shifts into 5 in sport mode. All better after the relearn is reset.

How do you engage relearn mode in forscan?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I don't have it in front of me, but I think it was part of the
On one of the screens it is an option to reset the adaptive shifting. I haven't done it in a while, so I can't be more specific, because I don't remember. Not hard to figure out though.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do tell. I do have FORSCAN and have done 9 upgrades to date. This is the second time in 2 years I've had to address the harsh shifts It's at the dealer right now. They updated the software buts it only a little bit better they said. They are going to change the throttle body and the solenoids tomorrow. So at least I have that going on.