Ehhh… doesn’t look like anytime soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
So the cool thing is if you do go with the Gen 3 and add several mods to it, as in bumpers, lights, and so on, it could easily be added to the Raptor R as with out a doubt, everything will fit the same.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It'll happen. Otherwise Ford will give up the crown to Ram. Trucks are Ford's bread and butter and they'll not allow Ram to be king of the halo truck. They are right now though...
thats debatable, except if we are playing the horsepower only game

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what happens. There's a predicted slow down in the first quarter of 2022 and the Fed has already announced three interest rate hikes for 2022. All of this, along with predicted higher gas prices could turn down the heat on an artificially overheated market. If these things come to pass, dealers will be humbled again and be offering rebates. Remember guys, what goes up, must come down. Inflation has a definite effect on the markets, especially luxury items.

OP
OP
D

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have come to terms that this R will probably not ever come. With ford not able to deliver the 21 raptors, and the 22s are in just as bad of shape, there is no way that ford can do the R. They have to worry about orders, and how to make people happy.... while also maintaining a labor force, and most likely backup suppliers for those who folded or can't meet capacity. These are very sad times for auto industry and construction. They all face the same issues and it will further propel the used home / used car market.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine was in looking at Raptors in both FL and SC this week (pilot so he travels a lot), and both told him the R is coming by EOY; likely as a 2023 model.

My inclination is they were just trying to get him to put down a deposit, but the fact that two separate dealers gave him the same info is intriguing.

Anyone here have any better or substantiated info?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that's interesting because its normally salesman who are the last to know anything about new model raptors in my experience

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I expect or at least would hope that most people that can afford a Gen 3 would also be able to purchase an R model. I hear more TRX owners selling than buying now due to fuel consumption/problems; most of them are not hardcore Mopar fans but wanted something different and now its become boring or a problem.

If an R is announced before my lowly Gen 3 is scheduled I will more than likely order one. I hope both my length and girth is increased by such a purchase.

R3G

Reaction score
I had a 2017 Raptor and loved it. I was in market last year and decided to get a new truck while the used vehicle resale market was good, ended up going with a black TRX (loaded of course). As far as the major differences, its nice not to rely on the turbo for torque and i dont think the turbo whoosh can match the hellcat whine of the supercharger. After having the TRX Id really dig a supercharged V8 option on the raptor, however Biden admin is making a bunch of new EPA rules that strong arm auto manufacturers to reduce ICE footprint with higher average MPG across fleets. 3.5TT Raptor is still a good truck (except the shifter) and its a bit smoother on road IMHO but at least for me, the TRX is what i always wanted the Raptor to be so i hope we see a a new one. I just doubt it will be a V8, with the hellcat going away by 2024 it seems these fun vehicles will be replaced by boring electric powertrains where they will have more software driven features. Seems sad. Keep your raptor or trx until the tires fall off!

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe i'm just not as optimistic as some of you, but i can't see ford suddenly announcing the raptor r for a release this year. surely something would have indicated that already? the production struggles don't help at all.

maybe 2023? lol.