Ehhh… doesn’t look like anytime soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will likely be pricey, but I don’t think as bad as what you’ve outlined above.

1) Don’t pay ADM (at a minimum not on the Gen 3) it may be unavoidable on the R. But I still think possible to avoid if they make more than a few and you’re patient.

2) Depending on where you live, you’ll only be taxed on the difference between your trade and the purchase price. (Indiana does this).

3) I made money selling my 2 yr old Gen 2. I expect the Gen 3 to hold its value fairly well. With supply chain issues and chip shortages estimated to continue for the next year or longer, I doubt the market gets flooded (I don’t expect to make money again when I trade in, but I doubt I lose much either).

The big ? Is who will be given the chance to buy one and will the msrp be south of $100k?

What I meant was why would I go buy a gen 3 at MSRP (most likely + ADM), then take a loss getting into the R? The math doesn't seem all that good on that choice.

I do bet that the R will be priced exactly like the TRX (or even below it). Ford will completely lose the market if they don't become reasonable with this.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I meant was why would I go buy a gen 3 at MSRP (most likely + ADM), then take a loss getting into the R? The math doesn't seem all that good on that choice.

I do bet that the R will be priced exactly like the TRX (or even below it). Ford will completely lose the market if they don't become reasonable with this.

I think Ford will be reasonable with the price, I do not think the dealers will be reasonable with ADM. And if allocations are severely limited, their will be many well to do people with R's sitting in their off site garage.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sales guy just got back from a Ford regional meeting. The only news on the Raptor R was, they expect to start taking orders late Q2 of 2022, base price will be close to $92K, fully loaded touching $105K.
Keep me at a MSRP <$99,999 and I'm playing. As a mid-westerner, I expect something magical will happen to me if I break 100K on a vehicle purchase. Like I'll instantly be turned into some lesser form of life and have to learn a lesson to come back as a Raptor owner again. Perhaps I'd open my eyes the next day and find myself driving a yellow Honda Fit....

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agree with your points. However. I'm not sure Ford cares about losing in this segment (high HP trucks). Look how much they dumped into the Lightning. And look how they're dragging their feet with the R

OP
OP
D

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in at $90k for a loaded R, but it has to have either the 5.0 sc, 5.2 sc (from GT500), or a standard 7.3. I know that comes off as a very interesting wish list of engines, but I would take any of those and be happy. If it was a standard 7.3, then I would expect price to be around $70k.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will likely be pricey, but I don’t think as bad as what you’ve outlined above.

1) Don’t pay ADM (at a minimum not on the Gen 3) it may be unavoidable on the R. But I still think possible to avoid if they make more than a few and you’re patient.

2) Depending on where you live, you’ll only be taxed on the difference between your trade and the purchase price. (Indiana does this).

3) I made money selling my 2 yr old Gen 2. I expect the Gen 3 to hold its value fairly well. With supply chain issues and chip shortages estimated to continue for the next year or longer, I doubt the market gets flooded (I don’t expect to make money again when I trade in, but I doubt I lose much either).

The big ? Is who will be given the chance to buy one and will the msrp be south of $100k?
With ADM approaching $25k for the 37” model, you will see $50k markup on the R. And anyone who pays that either is a multimillionaire to whom 50k is like 500 to me, or just a total moron. I’ve been calling around looking for a 2021 and can’t find any at sticker unless I want to travel thousands of miles and order one.
I think I’ll just wait or stand pat with my Gen2.

OP
OP
D

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With ADM approaching $25k for the 37” model, you will see $50k markup on the R. And anyone who pays that either is a multimillionaire to whom 50k is like 500 to me, or just a total moron. I’ve been calling around looking for a 2021 and can’t find any at sticker unless I want to travel thousands of miles and order one.

This is what will push the sales of the TRX up.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’ve got no doubt that you’ll see it. But not everywhere. I mean I saw a 40k markup last week on a 37”. At the same time, msrp was available to me as well as many on the forum for both 2021 and 2022 for the 37” pack.

Just takes some luck and a lot of time searching for the right dealership. Don’t mistake this for me saying I’m getting one no matter what. I’m with everyone else here as far as being out of the fight once high ADM’s are the only option. Call me blindly optimistic, I think there will be some opportunities to get one below the exorbitant ADM’s being touted here…if they are manufactured.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep me at a MSRP <$99,999 and I'm playing. As a mid-westerner, I expect something magical will happen to me if I break 100K on a vehicle purchase. Like I'll instantly be turned into some lesser form of life and have to learn a lesson to come back as a Raptor owner again. Perhaps I'd open my eyes the next day and find myself driving a yellow Honda Fit....

If I go over $100k, my wife will be the one delivering “wife justice”.