Educate me 500 Mile Range Claims for Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys really getting 500+ miles on your gen 2’s?? I can barely get 400... if there’s a gas mileage trick other than going downhill more please share!!

The trick is to have fun while driving. That’s why my range is never higher then 420 miles. Now that I just got a tune and it is 10 times more fun to drive then stock, I expect that range to go down even more.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s this Fuel Economy you speak of? There are three things Full, Empty (or when you swing by the gas station) and the skinny pedal that makes me smile. Not so complicated after all we do own Raptors! It’s what they’re meant for.

My reaction to mpg concerns exactly!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I will run 87 when I have a 450+ mile road trip to the southern 'estate' lol...and throw the $35 saved at more beer. There is never enough beer on the beach

Fixed that for you.

If you haven't done the calibration procedure, your indicated MPG is significantly "wrong".

it --may be-- significantly wrong. Or it could be right. Mine’s within about .5mpg.

What’s this Fuel Economy you speak of? There are three things Full, Empty (or when you swing by the gas station) and the skinny pedal that makes me smile. Not so complicated after all we do own Raptors! It’s what they’re meant for.

It’s a Jennifer / Gen1 thing. They’ve been complaining about EM PEE GEES since 2010.
One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you guys really getting 500+ miles on your gen 2’s?? I can barely get 400... if there’s a gas mileage trick other than going downhill more please share!!

My estimated range after a fill up is usually in the 570's... Used to be a cool 600 until I went from the OEM tires to 35" load range E KO2's

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can get 600 if all the stars align. Put in the highest octane you can get, get on the interstate and set the cruise for 75. Run it dry. If you got a good tank of gas, it's a hot day, no headwind, and elevation at or above about 5000ft, you can make it. My mileage drops a lot in the winter and it also drops at lower elevations. I fill up when I get down to a quarter because I don't want to have the fuel pump suck air, ever, and that's a long gas tank. I can still get 500 on a good day.

My MPG tanks at 75. 68-72mph and it's happy.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My MPG tanks at 75. 68-72mph and it's happy.

It's all about wind resistance. Air density is huge. At 5000 feet and 95 degrees with low humidity, 75 to 80 is still slow enough to get decent mileage. When I went out to Washington and drove in cold wet air at sea level, my mileage went into the crapper, even though I had to slow to 65.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove from IL to TX and back and averaged 14.5 going 80mph avg. That was loaded down with three kids, the wife and a bed full of all our shit.

Gen1 but, still I was impressed at least. I get 11.6 in town if I baby it.

Willie DEE

Reaction score
i must be doing something wrong cause i never get over 425ish miles per tank an that's with Premium ---- maybe my gas really isn't premium - im gonna switch stations

'18 magnetic --- maybe the magnetic attraction to slower vehicles is increasing the drag