Educate me 500 Mile Range Claims for Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goosed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am confused. They are touting a 500 mile range for this new Gen 3 on the press releases. So what? Owners of the Gen 2 are getting 600...

so is the 500 for mixed city/highway? Still kind of like who cares - the Gen 2 is close to that.

Then with compression going to 10:5:1, and providing more HP... Will it require premium 93? Similar to the 4.6 Toyota uses in the Tundra but also found in the Lexus GX. Lexus compression and timing is different, and due to that the Lexus requires premium.

I know higher octane doesn’t equal more MPG’s but if the Gen 3 needs it, who cares that it’s got more power and supposedly better range - premium around here is at least $.60/gal more. Doesn’t make sense.

None of this news makes any sense.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
gen 2 needs premium too.....yes...it wil run on 87, but will be down about 50 hp and down about 1 mpg.

do some searches, this was all covered in depth. why anyone would buy a $80k truck, then complain about an extra $20 every few weeks for gas is beyond me.

If $20 is going to break you, and you dont really want 500hp.....then buy a silverado.

OP
OP
G

Goosed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gen 2 needs premium too.....yes...it wil run on 87, but will be down about 50 hp and down about 1 mpg.

do some searches, this was all covered in depth. why anyone would buy a $80k truck, then complain about an extra $20 every few weeks for gas is beyond me.

If $20 is going to break you, and you dont really want 500hp.....then buy a silverado.

figured it wouldn’t be long before someone posted a **** statement, but was hoping it arrived after at least 10 replies.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not a "**** statement" to point out that the Gen 2 Raptor has always been "Premium Fuel Recommended". Expect nothing different with the Gen 3.

10.5:1 compression is nothing extreme. Knock sensors will pull timing and retard power when retards put regular fuel in the truck.

There is your "**** statement". Come at me, bro.