Edge st

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Owen Grady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on the edge st. Really wanting a trackhawk but for the price the edge st is really appealing? Looking for opinions from not only owners but focus st owners or other performance vehicles.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt it will be as sporty as a Trackhawk, but should be a nice SUV. The Edges in general are nice, I know of a few people that own them.

I don't have any other ST products but my girlfriend has a Fiesta ST and we've been super pleased with it.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can tell you we had both of these in the shop and these are both awesome vehicles. Now the real question is how fast do you want to go. The edge ST will not keep up with a trackhawk. The other thing is the trackhawk is cheap to get more power out of. You can gain 250 awhp from our 1025 package for 6 grand. The edge ST would take triple or more in cost to get that power gain. But the vehicles themselves our way different in price so it just depends on your overall goal. If you have any questions on our builds give us a shout at 313-561-5500 my name is Jake thanks

ChaseU

Reaction score
Personally, I’m not very impressed with the application of the Ford Performance touch to the EDGE. From what I’ve learned, the ST version doesn’t seem to be that much differentiated from a normal model. The old “Sport” moniker seems more fitting for the level of “upgrades” they have applied.

I really hope Ford doesn’t dilute the Ford Performance name further with packages like BMW and Audi have done with their “M package” and “S Line” models which just seem to detract from their true performance counterparts.

With regard to your interest in a Jeep; I owned a 2015 Grand Cherokee SRT from new for two and a half years. My plan was to replace it with a Trackhawk but pricing swayed me and I bought the Raptor. You will not be disappointed by an SRT Jeep which would be middle ground between the EDGE ST and Trackhawk.

That said, Trackhawks aren’t exactly flying off the sales lots, pardon the pun. Here in Canada my friend is sitting on 6 between his two dealerships and even with heavy FCA incentives, they aren’t moving. You should be able to find some great deals on 2018 models well into 2019 and I don’t foresee any model changes in their future.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
agreed! Jeep can't give SRTs and Trackhawks away. Walk into any dealership and you can get 10K off sticker easily.

Personally, I’m not very impressed with the application of the Ford Performance touch to the EDGE. From what I’ve learned, the ST version doesn’t seem to be that much differentiated from a normal model. The old “Sport” moniker seems more fitting for the level of “upgrades” they have applied.

I really hope Ford doesn’t dilute the Ford Performance name further with packages like BMW and Audi have done with their “M package” and “S Line” models which just seem to detract from their true performance counterparts.

With regard to your interest in a Jeep; I owned a 2015 Grand Cherokee SRT from new for two and a half years. My plan was to replace it with a Trackhawk but pricing swayed me and I bought the Raptor. You will not be disappointed by an SRT Jeep which would be middle ground between the EDGE ST and Trackhawk.

That said, Trackhawks aren’t exactly flying off the sales lots, pardon the pun. Here in Canada my friend is sitting on 6 between his two dealerships and even with heavy FCA incentives, they aren’t moving. You should be able to find some great deals on 2018 models well into 2019 and I don’t foresee any model changes in their future.

ChaseU

Reaction score
agreed! Jeep can't give SRTs and Trackhawks away. Walk into any dealership and you can get 10K off sticker easily.

Here in Canada the FCA Manufacturer incentive on the Trackhawk right now is $10k. Still doesn’t seem to motivate buyers when the sticker here is $120-130 depending on options.

tylrpal

Reaction score
I haven't driven or even seen any Edge STs but I've owned a 2014 Focus St and just bought a 2014 Fiesta ST a few weeks ago as a commuter. Personally i'd take the Trackhawk over the Edge everyday of the week but as you pointed out you can't really beat the performance per dollar of the STs.