EcoBeast = V8 Ecoboost; yes please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking it's going to be a turbo 6 as well...a lot of cars that were at one point high output V8's (ie Audi S4, BMW M3 etc) are not 6 bangers with monster turbo power. The "no replacement for displacement" argument kind of falls by the wayside with forced induction IMO. Seems that a lot of people are happy with their F150 eco's as well, and now it's the top dog for the F150s. Who knows on the Raptor, I can see it working, we'll know soon enough I guess.

They already ran one through baja. Disguised as a regular raptor. Performed flawlessly

Luke13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever it is I can't wait to hear it, see it, and trade in the 13 to buy it.

I'm dreaming of a TT 5.0, but then again it's already gonna be hard to get a new raptor imagine how much crazier it'll be with a twin turbo v8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
pissedoffPete1-vi.jpg

My money is this. Just more wild.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They already ran one through baja. Disguised as a regular raptor. Performed flawlessly

Interesting, were you there? I talked to guys that claimed they helped a race crew (not Ford's) and that wasn't the rumor I heard. There was an issue, but it did sound like it was minor, didn't get the full story, but what I heard is it didn't finish the race, maybe it was the year prior? Definitely not trying to down talk the Eco (I love it and have 3 3.5L's, well I have 1, the wife has 2) and don't want to spread a false rumor, but flawlessly is a pretty big statement.

Only thing I'd want in an Eco Raptor would be a throttle that isn't too touchy on the low end. Eco has so much low end torque it's far too easy to break the tires loose when you don't intend to. Personally I'd rather have the Eco in my Raptor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts