ECLIK 2017-2021 Raptor Fox Live valve controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flipgnats

Reaction score
The system works great with the FRS 3.0 shocks. Our system is not the issue with the shocks. We can't fix with electronics what Fox made. The shock lets go on the rebound. we tried to fix it with the valving, but the re-circulation system lets go.
Would a secondary bypass up front fix the rebound issue?

flipgnats

Reaction score
I’ve been looking into the E-Clik system for quite some time. Also spent some time watching through the KeepItDirty videos. One thing I want to point out, for the sake of preventing misinformation, especially for Gen 3 guys is that the KeepItDirty dude constantly talks about calculations per second. In particular, he mentions that even Gen3 is still only 300/sec where as your module is 500/sec. According to the official FOX video, the Gen3 is also coming in at 500/sec. Check out this clip, around 2:15:

With that said, I still believe the system does look very impressive, especially as a retro fit for all the guys between 10-18. I think that is ultimately going to be the market for this product going forward. Seems to me that the Gen3 has pretty much caught up to your tech, so the market for those trucks is pretty much dead, with maybe the exception in fine tuning on algorithms. (Not a bash, just observation.)

For me personally, I’m struggling with the “rebound” issue you’ve mentioned for the FRS shocks. If I’m going to drop the cash on a live valve retro-fit, I want to also do a shock upgrade to the FRS as well.

With that in mind, is the rebound issue really in the FRS shocks specifically? If so, wouldn’t the Gen 3 guys be experiencing the same issues if they’ve upgraded to FRS? I’ve looked around but have not seen anyone complaining. This also seems like something the Ford and Fox engineers would’ve found when tuning/developing the live valve system on Gen3/FRS combos. Am I missing some critical piece of info here or are my observations astute?

In the event there still is no answer to this problem and I proceed with FRS shocks, can you explain the practical implications of the early release on the rebound? More bounce/bucking, not enough absorption on impact, etc?

Also, what types of scenarios/driving is expected to be impacted by the early release behavior? Full droop only, whoops, etc?
Did you ever go frs 3.0/s up front? Curious and assuming a secondary bypass up front would help with the "softness" I have read about with the 3.0's on a Gen 3.

ocbcwc

Reaction score
I am currently running the E-CLik and the stock OEM live valves. The set up works wonders for light off-roading and the street. But after a recent trip to Baja, I just need more shock. I am going to through bed bypass in the rear, so I wont be able to keep the E-CLik in the back. So, now my debate is do I go to the FRS in the front and keep the E-CLik, or do I just go to Kings on all four corners? I am just concerned I'll loose the great handling characteristics on the street. Which is the price Ill pay for more off-road. I am leaning to the Kings up front, but still undecided.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently running the E-CLik and the stock OEM live valves. The set up works wonders for light off-roading and the street. But after a recent trip to Baja, I just need more shock. I am going to through bed bypass in the rear, so I wont be able to keep the E-CLik in the back. So, now my debate is do I go to the FRS in the front and keep the E-CLik, or do I just go to Kings on all four corners? I am just concerned I'll loose the great handling characteristics on the street. Which is the price Ill pay for more off-road. I am leaning to the Kings up front, but still undecided.
If Baja performance is the priority it's a no brainer, go with King's. No ECLIK is going to replace proper shock set up, but if you are more concerned with mixed daily driving sticking with FRS and ECLIK may be the most logical route.

ocbcwc

Reaction score
If Baja performance is the priority it's a no brainer, go with King's. No ECLIK is going to replace proper shock set up, but if you are more concerned with mixed daily driving sticking with FRS and ECLIK may be the most logical route.
Good info, and I agree with you. I dont drive all that much and eventually this truck will become solely for fun play time in the desert, so Im leaning the kings.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info, and I agree with you. I dont drive all that much and eventually this truck will become solely for fun play time in the desert, so Im leaning the kings.
Has the wait time gotten better for them?
I remember it was like over a year wait for the ones for my ranger, decided to go with fox at that point