Easy Direct Replacement Subwoofer??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V_K

Reaction score
Hi, I’m looking for a subwoofer for my truck. I have a 2017 802A with Sony system. I just sometimes wish for a little more thump than what I have now with the Sony subwoofer. I am looking for a plug and play direct, without splicing any wiring subwoofer and amp. I need some inputs and advice. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nope...nothing is easy...hit the electronics forum....plenty of good threads there.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I’m looking for a subwoofer for my truck. I have a 2017 802A with Sony system. I just sometimes wish for a little more thump than what I have now with the Sony subwoofer. I am looking for a plug and play direct, without splicing any wiring subwoofer and amp. I need some inputs and advice. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

If you would honestly be happy with just some more bump, wrapping sound deadening mat on the sub box and stuffing it with poly-fill makes a big improvement, is not hard to do, and doesn't cost much. The stock sub box is pretty pitiful, but is very much improved by wrapping it. I had done this before I did a full upgrade. It does make a pretty big difference in the sub performance. It makes it sound like you actually HAVE a sub. Check these 2 threads, it's a pretty easy DIY project. Unless you are like me and once you start messing with it you have to keep going!

I started off with a thread just like yours and then the ******** in here corrupted me and I ended up putting in speakers, a sub and amp, and did the whole cab in Second Skin sound mat. Bruce @Hush Car Audio, and Noah @The Car Stereo Company are both great vendors in here if you decide to go for a system. I ended up getting my stuff from Bruce, who helped me a ton by walking me through the install process.

Why does everyone hate the B&O stereo? | Page 9 | Ford Raptor Forums.

GEN 2 - DIY way to increase base in stock 802A | Ford Raptor Forums

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

thanks in advance!

well... You can mod the enclosure, do line level input and drop a better 8” sub in there. I did it, see “Added a sub” in the audio section. ( ETA: Added a sub ) I actually still have the parts from that update.
pros: cheap, simple. You give up nothing for it; no space, no functionality etc.
cons: it’s only enough bass for the stock stereo at 25w rms ... maybe 30. It won’t scale if you want to completely redo the stereo.

If you really only want a little more bass, then yeah, you can do this. But if you want move volume overall, you’ll need to consider how much you want to spend.

BLJ

Reaction score
Check out kicker. I had a 2012 f150 with sony system. Kicker sells prefabbed box and real easy connections. The bass hit twice as hard as stock. I was really happy with the bass. I think it's exactly what your looking for!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk