Easiest way to pass through power leads for amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you get at that, from underneath? It was hard enough to get at the one I did.

you can reach down from the passenger side hood / firewall and pull the grommet out.....here i drilled a hole in it for my 2, 4 gauge wires.

to get into the cab, you push a coat hanger in the hole and push down to the floow....inside the cab, the coat hanger will come out the bottom of the firewal covering where the carpet starts.......attach wire to the coat hanger, and pull out to the bettery.

48100734707_e3fc1d542b_c.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from the hood / firewall side.....you have to have long arms...but you get it from the top
Easier if you pull the passenger wheel and the black wheel well liner and get it from the bottom

you have to take the fender flair off first but it isn’t too difficult

Drgonzo3000

Reaction score
Easier if you pull the passenger wheel and the black wheel well liner and get it from the bottom

you have to take the fender flair off first but it isn’t too difficult

This ^^

I used that grommet to run my 2 1/0 gauge wires through. No way they were going through that small grommet nipple. Had to cut a much larger hole in the grommet to run the wires through. Then sealed the wires to the grommet using butyl tape.

GabrielM619

Reaction score
struggling to find the hanger inside glove box space, and no matter what half the hanger will hit something I've tried shaking and nothing ... how far did you go ?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
struggling to find the hanger inside glove box space, and no matter what half the hanger will hit something I've tried shaking and nothing ... how far did you go ?

Go from the engine bay into the cab. Attach a wire or twine that you can pull through. You will hit the heater box with the hanger. Get behind the dash, look up and pull the wire down.

20230215_091940.jpg