Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Ease my concerns....

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by FiveOsvt, Sep 13, 2020 at 8:10 AM.

GotExhaust
  1. FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt Member

So a few days ago I purchased a used 2014 gen 1 with 49,500 miles. Obviously being the first 6.2 I have purchased I am unaware of its "normal" engine characteristics. It seems to idle a little rough which I have heard is typical due to cam profile but last night I decided to drive home with the radio off. I noticed under light to moderate acceleration a ticking/exhaust leak like sound that seemed to be coming from the drivers side area that could be heard in the cabin pretty easily. Is this normal for this truck?. Are the injectors just that loud?. Its definitely not a knocking sound more like a hissing/ticking combined sound if that makes sense. Thanks for all help/knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. Movinon

Movinon Full Access Member

Just turned 128k miles i heard the same at 100k changed plugs all smooth again. Just my experience. Smooth and no engine noise.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SS308 likes this.
  3. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

Mine makes a noise, possibly similar to what your describing. I believe it's the throttle body servo.

4. FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt Member

May give this a try, never hurts to change the plugs anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Mine has a slight tick, been like that since new, even hear it with the headers and exhaust.

6. MFNG

MFNG Full Access Member

My 2014 6.2L does the ticking thing. Spark plugs are coming up next. Sitting at 102k mi.

Mine also does the rough idle at low speed. Give her a little gas and she’s fine.

7. Ruckus08

Ruckus08 Member

I’ve got 2013 Roush SC. Had the ticking before adding new SW headers and after. I got rid of my idle issues with new sparks, wires and coil boots though. I’d recommend new coil boots if you are replacing sparks anyway. It’s a <15 min job to put new ones on if you’ve already got the air box removed for sparks. Your wires are probably fine but you could replace and not worry for another 100K~. I’ve got 113K on my truck.

SS308 likes this.