Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Earned my stripes on first Raptor Run, recommendations

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by Rick Luna, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Rick Luna

Rick Luna Full Access Member

So if anyone here follows the "Keep it Dirty" channel on YouTube. Helio recently had a run in the Lucerne Valley here in California. All in all, it was well organized and I had a blast.
    However after washing the truck yesterday, I felt some rough areas in the paint and sure enough I some light gravel chipping towards the rear fender and lower doors. Do you guys recommend I run mud flaps in future runs or should I put on some Paint Protection Film on the lower panels. I even got some chipping on the door handles. That's about the only disappointing thing. I may have to color sand and buff out. Here are some pics for you all. Really loving this Raptor and using for what it was made for. I just like keeping my truck looking good as well.
    Here are some pics! IMG_20200912_105953.jpg IMG-20200913-WA0001.jpg IMG-20200913-WA0010.jpg IMG-20200913-WA0017.jpg

2. Rick Luna

More

IMG-20200913-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200913-WA0023.jpg

3. OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor Supporting Member

@Rick Luna

Nice pics! Almost 150 trucks in attendance so definitely a great event.

4. freedomchariot

freedomchariot Member

Yeah from experience I would recommend both. I have rally armor mud flaps and they are great. I went through a few sets before I found something that would take a beating.

xpel is expensive, but I had my 19 done right away this time. With the blue it just dings everything up. So the xpel is a self healing appliqué. It’s pretty trick and I recommend both the rally armor and the xpel.

911 Crazy likes this.
  5. Guy

Guy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Get the inch wider carbon fiber fender flares. You’re running an offset wheel and that is where the chips came from mostly.

6. Rick Luna

Yes, I saw that. The larger offset definitely created those

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

7. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

I didn't like the look of mudflaps, so I went with 3m clear film on the bottom of both doors, It's held up very well for the last 5 years. I put it right over all the chips I had already amassed. They say it can yellow over the years exposed to the sun, but mine is garage kept mostly, so there hasn't been any of that going on. Nice group run btw, that looks like a blast. I went through some thorn bush's once and I managed to polish all but one out on my front fender, ended up having to wetsand it and polish. So protection is best if you can.

Rick Luna likes this.
  8. Rick Luna

I was able to get quite a bit of with a microfiber cutting pad and compound. I have a few more sections to go and then I'm going to have PPF put from the body line down.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  9. Sunchild714

Sunchild714 Full Access Member

Don't do anything. They are beauty marks

Peterb likes this.
  10. DansDrives

DansDrives Member

+1 for Xpel and front flaps. They have been a must on every truck I've had. The Rally Armor are great because they can flex so much and you won't rip them off.