Early Arrival

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've determined that there is no rhyme nor reason to Ford's build and delivery system, however,
I post this for the guys still waiting, to give them an idea of how my process went.

Truck arrived on Thursday 06/30/22 one day shy of 8 months from the order date. (11/01/22)
My email from Ford said that it would arrive 07/08 - 07/14. It was more than a week early.
I had called Ford vehicle order tracking on Monday July 27, and asked if they could tell me where it was.
They told me it was in a railyard in Jessup, Maryland and to maybe call back on Friday to get an update.
Needless to say, I was surprised when it arrived early.
My dealer did honor their MSRP minus the Blue Cruise deduction, however the deduction was about $550 (don't recall the exact amount), not $1395.
They told me that the amount is what Ford allowed them to deduct. I really didn't care, just glad it arrived and hadn't been damaged,
stolen or totaled in a car carrier accident like we hear about so often.

Was it worth the wait? Absolutely. The Gen3 is a great improvement over the Gen 2. Very smooth and quiet, except when I put the exhaust on Baja,
then it sounds akin to a Honda Civic equipped with a fart cannon. They did a good job making the V6 sound as good as possible, however, "it's no V8".
I'll be running the exhaust on "Normal" 99.9% of the time.

OP
OP
Bullet Bob

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was asking you to post pictures of your new Gen 3. You said it sounded like a Honda with a fart can so I ran with that.
I'm slow Nex, Mama always said "stupid is, as stupid does!
200.gif

It's just another orange truck, but I'll try to post one later when I have more time.

uee

Reaction score
I've determined that there is no rhyme nor reason to Ford's build and delivery system, however,
I post this for the guys still waiting, to give them an idea of how my process went.

Truck arrived on Thursday 06/30/22 one day shy of 8 months from the order date. (11/01/22)
My email from Ford said that it would arrive 07/08 - 07/14. It was more than a week early.
I had called Ford vehicle order tracking on Monday July 27, and asked if they could tell me where it was.
They told me it was in a railyard in Jessup, Maryland and to maybe call back on Friday to get an update.
My dealer did honor their MSRP minus the Blue Cruise deduction, however the deduction was about $550 (don't recall the exact amount), not $1395.
They told me that the amount is what Ford allowed them to deduct. I really didn't care, just glad it arrived and hadn't been damaged,

Was it worth the wait? Absolutely. The Gen3 is a great improvement over the Gen 2. Very smooth and quiet, except when I put the exhaust on Baja,
then it sounds akin to a Honda Civic equipped with a fart cannon. They did a good job making the V6 sound as good as possible, however, "it's no V8".

I ordered mine 1st week of October and just got it last week, pretraded my 20 for 4g’s more than I paid for it but it was worth it ..plus they honored my original price saving me 3,700 bucks and them sent a ck for 1395.00 for no blue cruise … can’t beat that !

OP
OP
Bullet Bob

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine 1st week of October and just got it last week, pretraded my 20 for 4g’s more than I paid for it but it was worth it ..plus they honored my original price saving me 3,700 bucks and them sent a ck for 1395.00 for no blue cruise … can’t beat that !
Wow, you really can't beat that deal, you did really well. I traded my 2020 King Ranch. Paid $60,000 for it and they gave me $60,000 on trade with 37K miles and it needed tires badly. FWIW, it was garage kept, professionally ceramic coated, super clean and in mint condition.
I felt kind of bad. When I traded it in November 2021, it had 20K miles on it and the tires were better than 50%. Regardless, they honored the MSRP deal.