E85

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has used this fuel yet. I have not tried it and probably will not. More of a curiousity.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
J/K
I've used it, it's cheaper but gives you less mpg. Over all I believe that you'll get a little more mpg comparing the price of gas and how many miles per tank you get with that and the price of E85 and the number of miles per tank.
I've also heard that it's not the greatest for your engine. Pro's and Con's with everything.
In the end it's your choice in what you feed your baby.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run it a ton..but ONLY when it's more cost effective or when I'm offroading. You can feel a bit more power using E85 for sure..

What I do before I fill up with either E85 or 87 octane is google an E85 calculator, and depending what their prices are at the time is what I go with. Sometimes it's more cost effective to use 87 octane and sometimes it isn't.

I have 33k on my truck and I have yet to hear any I'll effects running E85. You will be fine running it I'm sure.

I just wish the government took over E85, it's ******** that it's gone up in price.

Frivol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use to run E85 in my FX4 for everything except highway trips, had no problems to report with it. but just making sure you know the 6.2 not flex-fuel...

OP
OP
Waya

Waya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the imput guys. I have a 5.4 so it shouldn't be a problem.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2011 6.2L.... there's a sticker on the gas opening that says "NO E20/E85"...

Is the 6.2L more susceptible to problems with this fuel? Does your 2010 5.4L not have this warning?

I wonder if running this fuel would void the warranty?

Back when I had my Porsche, all the P guys said E85 was bad juju for their cars.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
No, the 5.4 is a flex fuel so its able to run on straight E85. You get a noticeable power boost but like it was said, price went up on that for no reason. Most of the time its cheaper per mile to run just 87

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my 2011 6.2L.... there's a sticker on the gas opening that says "NO E20/E85"...

Is the 6.2L more susceptible to problems with this fuel? Does your 2010 5.4L not have this warning?

I wonder if running this fuel would void the warranty?

Back when I had my Porsche, all the P guys said E85 was bad juju for their cars.

The 5.4's can run it our 6.2's can't. I definitely would not run this in my truck.

danmpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used both 87 and E85....Of course if you use E85 your gas mileage suffers and you will get better performance since E85 is about 105 octane.
As for pricing it is about any where .50 to .90 cents cheaper.