GEN 2 E85 tune results! 180 whp+ over stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
zfgracing

zfgracing

Reaction score
Stock turbos? How long are they gonna hold
Not really leaning on the turbos very hard here. The real magic is the e85. This is a peak of 20-21 psi while keeping the turbos under their design limit speed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
zfgracing

zfgracing

Reaction score
How about the internals ? Rods, bearings, pistons
They do just fine if the torque is kept reasonable. Dyno wise I prefer to keep the Raptors around 575 ft-lbs and keep a nice flat torque curve for as long as possible. Where you will have issues is with tuners that spike the torque at 3500 rpm and then just let it fall. I think I've seen torque curves with peaks over 650 ft-lbs on here. That's just nonsense, that's so much cylinder pressure and heat at low rpm that will break stuff eventually. Plus it puts a ton of heat in the combustion chamber and screws you on your timing curve.

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
Hey guys is your tune a flex fuel tune that will adapt to E85, Premium gas, or whatever combo of the two?

In the Hellcat forums, a company called Injected Engineering does that for our Hellcats, and it sounds great. No need to change tunes to revert back to gas if you can't find E85. Somehow it automatically determines the fuel and adjusts tuning accordingly

OP
OP
zfgracing

zfgracing

Reaction score
Hey guys is your tune a flex fuel tune that will adapt to E85, Premium gas, or whatever combo of the two?

In the Hellcat forums, a company called Injected Engineering does that for our Hellcats, and it sounds great. No need to change tunes to revert back to gas if you can't find E85. Somehow it automatically determines the fuel and adjusts tuning accordingly
No, not at this time. There is a lot of flex fuel parameters for did not put into the ECU logic. I can make it do "flex fuel" but it's not optimized. However it is something I'm considering offering because there is a significant demand for it even if it doesn't make the same amount of horsepower as a dedicated E85 tune.

I need a customer whos willing to put a lot of time into data logging wise to see if we can get it done. There is just a lot of validation that needs to happen and those need to be real day to day data logs.

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
Yea I would imagine it's a pretty complicated tune and doesn't work for every vehicle. Great to have though if you can