Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

E85: Impressions?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by BigJ, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Wilson

Wilson FRF Addict

what part of the owners manual I glanced it and all it says is not to put any thing over e-20 in it how ever the 6.2 f250 is flex fuel its the same engine also my title says my Raptor is flex fuel but meanings the filler neck says to only put up to e-20 in I will stay away from e-85. I run e-30 in every thing I own including weed eaters 4 wheelers all of my cars have over 100,000 miles on them and I will own this truck until I'm dead so don't worry about me not telling some one I run e-30 I tell every one and would tell a person that is buying one of my cars I run e-30 in everything I have yet to have a problem with a good source of e-30. Ethanol burns so clean you have to watch some that would put really old gas or pore quality gas with ethanol.

2. Humvee21

Humvee21 FRF Addict

That was page 394. There's more about it in other pages that I cannot recall. Like I said, do what you want... I'm glad to hear it's working out for you. But as a fellow Raptor owner (and 6.2L for that matter), I thought I'd give you fair warning and show sincere concern.

3. Wilson

Wilson FRF Addict

Thanks I have used e-30 for 10 years if you want problems put stable in your tank that stuff eats rubber.

Ramathorn178 likes this.
  4. Ramathorn178

Ramathorn178 Full Access Member

YES IT DOES. I had to replace all my soft fuel lines in my 911 last summer. NOT FUN.