GEN 1 E rated tire PSI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what psi are you guys running on E rated tires? Switched From OEM KO (c rated?) to Toyo AT III (E rated). At 40 PSI, Fox 3.0 on full soft setting, still feels like 100% stiffer than old KO, lol...

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Good luck. I went from stock C's on my 2018 to some E's and I had to run down in the high 20's psi to get a comparable ride, then the tires were kinda squirmy. I am pretty picky about a comfortable ride though. Swapped them out for another set of stock tires. Play with the PSI, maybe you will hit on something that works.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 1's never had Class C as an OEM tire.
They were D's and then E's
C's are the OEM for Gen 2

I run 38 front and 34 rear on E's KO2s
36 front and 32 rear if truck is empty.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like 38 in the front more then 36 because it makes parallel parking easier with one hand.
36 in the front is good for long trips for me.
32 in the rear seems to be the sweet spot between softness and tire not rolling over the rim.
But I usually have weight in my truck so 34 is what I run most of the time.

Steven_Born

Reaction score
@MTF did you have to adjust the settings on the computer to make it where you did not get a low pressure reading from the TPMS with these pressures. If so did you use a ForScan and do you remember where to navigate to for this?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@MTF did you have to adjust the settings on the computer to make it where you did not get a low pressure reading from the TPMS with these pressures. If so did you use a ForScan and do you remember where to navigate to for this?
Yes, I have a Tune with the SCT handheld device to adjust the threshold.
I do not use Forscan, sorry