"E" rated KO2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, lots of misconception of what load rating really does. It won't make the sidewalls on the same tire (C vs. E KO2s) any more puncture resistant. I personally prefer the E rated because it feels way more stable, I hate the C stock KO2s. It's been mentioned but it feels like jello. If you want tougher sidewalls, get a different tire.

Caleb. The KO2's in the E rating have one more ply in the sidewalls than the C rated KO2's. The E's should give a bit better sidewall protection.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant speak for the Raptor but I put E rated tires on an f150 a few years ago. I'll never make that mistake again. Rode like shit unless the tires were aired down below 30psi.

doodman4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting this one. Just got a ‘12 SCrew two weeks ago with fairly new LT315/70R17 KO2 Es on the stock/euro flange wheels. It sounds like there’s a discrepancy on recommended cold PSI compared to the 44 on the sticker for the original KOs / Cs. I don’t do much off-roading (yet) but I do tow a 5,000 boat every weekend in the summer. No complaints on ride or road sound so far, but my most recent reference point are the 255/65R17 Wrangler Adventures w/ Kevlar that were on my ‘17 Canyon All Terrain. Would appreciate any input on recommended normal road driving and towing cold PSI for the KO2 Es or if I’m fine with the 44 recommended for the original tires.

Last edited:

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting this one. Just got a ‘12 SCrew two weeks ago with fairly new LT315/70R17 KO2 Es on the stock/euro flange wheels. It sounds like there’s a discrepancy on recommended cold PSI compared to the 44 on the sticker for the original KOs / Cs. I don’t do much off-roading (yet) but I do tow a 5,000 boat every weekend in the summer. No complaints on ride or road sound so far, but my most recent reference point are the 255/65R17 Wrangler Adventures w/ Kevlar that were on my ‘17 Canyon All Terrain. Would appreciate any input on recommended normal road driving and towing cold PSI for the KO2 Es or if I’m fine with the 44 recommended for the original tires.
Man I’ve been rolling 38 in my E’s with zero issues ‍♂️

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aren’t the E rated tires like 10-15 lbs heavier? That would deter me personally, it’s the type of weight diff that WILL be noticeable in acceleration/braking/MPG, probably lose 1-1.5 overall

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just looked at BFGs specs on these tires and they now list the 315/70-17 in C load rating specifically for Ford. Personally I would prefer E for towing stability. I run C load rated 35x12.50 KO2s on my 2005 Wrangler Unlimited and they feel like balloons compared to the E rated 315/70-17s.
But you can’t tow anything crazy w/ the Raptor so why would that even matter? You’re gonna be towing max 7-7500 lbs, unless you wanna start messing w/ springs & all the rest, in which case starts turning into the old “should’ve bought an HD truck or a regular 1/2 ton” convo

I learned my lesson running a heavy ass LT E rated KO2 on my GMC, was a permanent “fix” for the AFM/DOD cylinder deactivation - that’s how much a difference it was regardless of the SOTP feel of dropoff in acceleration/braking, the calculable mpg drop, - the truck simply wouldn’t go into 4/6 cylinder mode anymore b/c the constant load on the engine was always just high enough to prevent it, solely from the heavy ass LT/E rated KO2s!!!!

And that was w/ 33”s not 35”s!