E&G Console Gun Vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottybs

Reaction score
Hi All...I purchased the E&G safe and this post has been extremely helpful with tips but due to time constraints AND A WIFE, I think I have to get it professionally installed. Anybody know of a shop that has installed these in Los Angeles, CA? Nick, can you recommend a shop/store/individual to do this right the first time? Ive brought it to a few places and they say they can do it but have never done one before. Thanks to anyone with some advice.
Super easy to do yourself, I have one in my 16 F150. I would trust yourself with basic tools over a shop to not screw it up. Cheers

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For anyone who may have issues with tray fitment on their trucks, this replacement tray fits the E&G safes and we've recommended them for a few customers. Hope this is helpful for anyone having issues.

Hi Nick, I got this tray and it's worked out really well. I mounted a knob on it also, to make it real easy to lift out to get to things underneath it. It's only $15.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089GPTKR1/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

20200708_171027-jpg.147366

Last edited:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For anyone who may have issues with tray fitment on their trucks, this replacement tray fits the E&G safes and we've recommended them for a few customers. Hope this is helpful for anyone having issues.

I was just looking closer at the tray you linked, I think they are the same tray, just with a different name.

patrickryan

Reaction score
just received mine the other day, fit and finish is great. went to install it and it came with 1" screws. I tried 1.5" screws and there is quite a bit of play from side to side with minimal effort, and the screws start working their way out.

Anyone with a '22 install this and run into similar issues? Nick from Apollo has been super helpful. Not sure I want to run a 2" screw through my console as I have no idea whats underneath.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I wish I would have seen this before getting a Console Vault. :(

Chizler22

Reaction score
just received mine the other day, fit and finish is great. went to install it and it came with 1" screws. I tried 1.5" screws and there is quite a bit of play from side to side with minimal effort, and the screws start working their way out.

Anyone with a '22 install this and run into similar issues? Nick from Apollo has been super helpful. Not sure I want to run a 2" screw through my console as I have no idea whats underneath.