E&G Console Gun Vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwdilli

Reaction score
Well...... I bought the vault from Nick@Apollo on Dec 1st (2020) and it was warm enough today to install it. Just followed the instructions and also slapped in the single Vaultek :)
You're gonna love it. I use mine constantly. Truck should have come equipped with one.

I also ended up adding a Lockerdown safe for under the rear seat for times when the console safe just wasn't quite big enough. The combination works well for me.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Howdy Nick, any word yet whether the current vaults for the Gen 2 trucks will fit the Gen 3 Raptors? If it’s a direct fit, I’ll move mine over, but would like to buy just the bracket under the console. I would just abandon the original bracket when I trade the truck. Look like we have plenty of time. LOL. Thanks

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Howdy Nick, any word yet whether the current vaults for the Gen 2 trucks will fit the Gen 3 Raptors? If it’s a direct fit, I’ll move mine over, but would like to buy just the bracket under the console. I would just abandon the original bracket when I trade the truck. Look like we have plenty of time. LOL. Thanks

Hey John,

No confirmation as of yet. I'm going to assume the answer is "no" since Ford has never kept a console the same from one generation to the next. That said, you can pull it out of your truck and put the factory mat back in the bottom of your console to cover the holes and sell the vault to someone else.

It'll fit the 2015-2020 F-150, 2017-2020 Raptor, and 2017-current Super Duty with the console. It will not fit the F-150 or Super Duty with the bench seat option. This vault will also fit the newer body style Expedition and potentially the Navigator, but we haven't verified on the Navigator yet.

Cheers,

Nick

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Vaultek MX series twin pistol rack in my E&G console vault. They also have a single with 3 mag but the other pistol space holds mags just fine and I’ve got more flexibility this way. Took some work to get it in and had to trim one end but fits perfectly and still leaves storage space.

Vaultek Modular Non-Absorbent Foam Twin Pistol Rack (MX Series Pistol Rack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BQM799H/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

51acab955b63029f03843d1eb17d58ef.jpg1c9e2b8af079c77bdb2679de19f71604.jpge7be9ecc22cbf7c7e54586511f6b61be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bought on of these (single gun version) for the life of me I can't see how it can fit into the safe (top is smaller than the inside). Looks like the sides on your are intact, Where did you trim it? I spent two hours fiddling with that thing.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just got done with our first really hot weather of the year, and I found that when the cab was heated up, the OEM tray was hanging up on the rearward part of the E&G safe opening. I'm assuming the clearances get too tight when the safe expands from the heat. I even tried sanding the tray down a little to clearance it, but it didn't help. I ended up getting the same tray that @Johnkn got, and it works great. $13 on Amazon and it must have a little more clearance because it fits perfect. I just switched my handle over to it and it's really nice. Maybe Nick@Apollo-Optics can ask them to loosen up their clearances a little in the rear of the opening in the future.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089GPTKR1/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

View attachment 147366
Maybe it's my old eyes, but in this picture I can't see where you put that handle...am I frickin blind? Is that it in the middle?