E&G Console Gun Vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E&G needs to update the lock and add an electronic lock.
not really secure even with a 4 digit combo …..

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no the safe is great and works but I feel the 4 dial combo even though there are 9999 combinations can be opened in 20-30 min by scrolling through the numbers. Electronic locks disable after xx attempts for xx minutes and are more secure ( and expensive)

I tried to replace the lock but their top plate is actually cut to the shape of the existing lock so it fits within.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no the safe is great and works but I feel the 4 dial combo even though there are 9999 combinations can be opened in 20-30 min by scrolling through the numbers. Electronic locks disable after xx attempts for xx minutes and are more secure ( and expensive)

I tried to replace the lock but their top plate is actually cut to the shape of the existing lock so it fits within.

Ahh true. That is a valid point. But I believe that this is enough to stop your normal thief on a snatch-and-grab.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Well.....broke down and bought this console last week and installed it this afternoon after work. Thought I saw someone post that E&G is now putting 2” screws in the box....wrong! Or at least not in mine. What a pain in the ass. Got the rear bolts started, but no go on the fronts. Had to drive to hardware store for 2”. I got caught up in the moment and forgot to look at the bolts before I started.

Anyway, install was pretty straight forward and would have only taken the recommended 30 mins......if I’d had the right bolts.

Console fits like a glove and looks great. Feel a little better with the added protection.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well.....broke down and bought this console last week and installed it this afternoon after work. Thought I saw someone post that E&G is now putting 2” screws in the box....wrong! Or at least not in mine. What a pain in the ass. Got the rear bolts started, but no go on the fronts. Had to drive to hardware store for 2”. I got caught up in the moment and forgot to look at the bolts before I started.

Anyway, install was pretty straight forward and would have only taken the recommended 30 mins......if I’d had the right bolts.

Console fits like a glove and looks great. Feel a little better with the added protection.

They did switch to 2" bolts, however, you're the second person to post this recently.

We'll contact E&G and make sure they're aware of this and to continue to provide the longer bolts and check the stock they have on hand.

Sorry about this!