E&G Console Gun Vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t figure out how to get the plate under the console. Anyone with insight here?

Well that was a fun install. I succeeded in turning a half hour job into a 2 hour job. I would have done a video but with all of the F bombs it wouldn’t have been PG that’s for sure. Anyways, the plate used for the install is sort of shoved into a slot just under the factory console from the rear. Like I said R rated install. It took sort of a leap of faith to just pry open this small space and jam the plate in but that’s what it takes. To me it looked like the plate was way too far away from the bottom of the safe for the supplied bolts to reach. I was sort of right in that it wasn’t way too for away, but it was 1/2 inch too far away. YOU NEED 2 INCH BOLTS AND IT COMES WITH 1.5 INCH. You might as well go to the hardware store before you start the install. In hindsight it was otherwise an easy install and the product is very well made.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, finally got these up on the site!

https://www.apollo-optics.com/colle...oducts/console-vault-lock-for-2015-ford-f-150

Well that was a fun install. I succeeded in turning a half hour job into a 2 hour job. I would have done a video but with all of the F bombs it wouldn’t have been PG that’s for sure. Anyways, the plate used for the install is sort of shoved into a slot just under the factory console from the rear. Like I said R rated install. It took sort of a leap of faith to just pry open this small space and jam the plate in but that’s what it takes. To me it looked like the plate was way too far away from the bottom of the safe for the supplied bolts to reach. I was sort of right in that it wasn’t way too for away, but it was 1/2 inch too far away. YOU NEED 2 INCH BOLTS AND IT COMES WITH 1.5 INCH. You might as well go to the hardware store before you start the install. In hindsight it was otherwise an easy install and the product is very well made.

Sorry I didn't get back to your post sooner, but I'm glad you were able to make it work! After hearing the feedback here, we worked with E&G to get the kits updated to now includes 2" bolts.

Big Ratt

Reaction score
I added this to the inside of the vault. Works great!

Benchmaster - Weapon Rack - Slider Gun Rack - BMWRMR1 - Gun Safe - Pistol Storage Accessories - Handgun Rack

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UCAI550/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Wxl2Ab2WAM733

maxemus

Reaction score
I haven’t done any crazy off-roading since I’ve had it. I doubt it would be an issue. The two magnets are very strong. Well worth the money.

Does it take up the whole area of the vault or do we have some more space available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Ratt

Reaction score
Does it take up the whole area of the vault or do we have some more space available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of space left over.

Attachments

• DA8F257E-CC68-43D1-A13F-84CA7551CBEF.jpg
    DA8F257E-CC68-43D1-A13F-84CA7551CBEF.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 299

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed mine on my 18. Any ine having issues with console lid closing. I have to slam mine