E brake routing with Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope mine doesn't come that close at all, full stock exhaust with Deavers +2
And Traction bars and Hellwig Rear Sway-bar.

At Full Droop it comes closeDSC02389.JPG

Last edited:

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been thinking about changing the parking brake out to a hand brake (hoon handle) for a bit. This brought it back to my attention……..

Though a hydraulic one with a second caliper on the rears would be better

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had welded in a flowmaster muffler in lieu of the stock one which tweeked the rear tailpipes enough that when I did install my icons they just touched at full droop. Subsequently went to SW header/exhaust setup and modified the tail pipes to clear at full droop.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran mine on top but I have SVC/Fox bumstops. There was not way it was going to route under the spings, i tried. These are +3 Deavers and the axle is on stands so there is some weight on them. I installed the springs with the frame on the stands. I couldn't see how the cables would go under the springs.

DA148B4F-4274-4E55-9AF9-1842772CA689.jpeg

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran mine on top but I have SVC/Fox bumstops. There was not way it was going to route under the spings, i tried. These are +3 Deavers and the axle is on stands so there is some weight on them. I installed the springs with the frame on the stands. I couldn't see how the cables would go under the springs.

View attachment 346982
I’d say your traction bars got in the way. I’m running +3’s with the cable under, but no traction bars.

KRGKen

Reaction score
Yeah it's a tough call if you have a lot of travel mine is under the leaf but binds before I get to full droop