E brake routing with Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfinn

Reaction score
Recently got my Deaver springs installed by my local shop. I noticed this while parked slightly off camber

6757040B-6644-48F1-A63F-FB25D1635C80.jpeg

The bump stop is contacting the e brake cable. Should this be routed differently? Possibly under the springs?

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is good to know because I need to replace mine which got crushed in that same spot at one point.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Keep in mind, I would check full droop to make sure that the cable is not hindering your springs.

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do that, it will be on the lift when I change it so should be good if it has no tension running under spring I would think.

OP
OP
D

dfinn

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I’m gonna take it back in and have them reroute it underneath. It also looks like the passenger side leaf springs is rubbing on the exhaust. Is that typical with Deavers?

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, mine is also under. Mine does not rub the exhaust, but my exhaust dumps under the bed before the axle.