E brake light not turning off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, lately my e brake light doesnt want to turn off after i release it. I got down and looked and noticed that the e brake pedal isnt going all the way up to hit the switch that turns off the light. I have to push up from the back side of the pedal to make sure it turns the light off. Anyone know how i can get the pedal to come all the way forward?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would check the e brake cable. mine stretched after all the offroading i have done and the tension on the cable loosened up causing this same issue. shortly after, the cable broke on my passenger rear wheel and the pedal just goes to the floor now. been too lazy to replace it, so i disconnected the sensor so it doesnt ding at me

OP
OP
Tx State

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it started for me after I fixed my screeching break problem. I'm thinking I baked off too much on the star that adjust the brake shoe. Do you think that could cause it?

OP
OP
Tx State

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check your brake fluid level? Low level also makes that light illuminate.
I have no checked that yet thank you. Would a low fluid level keep the pedal from coming all the way forward because that is whats happening. The pedal doesn't come all the way forward to make contact with the switch that turns the light off.

sidelock

Reaction score
FYI: There may be an issue with your E-brake rear actuators. There's a TSB on it. Had the same problem last year on my '13 Raptor. Actuators needed to be replaced. Solved the problem.

OP
OP
Tx State

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI: There may be an issue with your E-brake rear actuators. There's a TSB on it. Had the same problem last year on my '13 Raptor. Actuators needed to be replaced. Solved the problem.
Do you know what TSB it was?